1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can you make batch files?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by fish1552, Aug 28, 2010.

1. fish1552

fish1552 XOOM RS Team Lead Premium Member

Ok, not having much experience with Linux, I was wondering if there is a way to make something like a batch file in Windows that I could then make into a shortcut for my home screen to do things faster when working on things the require repetition - like checking different boot animations.

For example, doing the custom boot animations, the following can be used:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanimation.zip

Yes, before someone says, I know you can use Root Explorer, etc. etc. etc. I'm looking for a simple 1 click file that does it all so much easier and faster. Not even sure where to start looking. Can anyone point me where I need to look?
  2. jacobrv

jacobrv New Member

Well the linux version of a batch file is a shell script. Just make a text file, paste the commands in there and rename from .txt to .sh
    I don't know of a way to run it without going through the terminal though. So you would still have to open a terminal then type "sh myscript.sh" and then it would run your commands.
Search tags for this page

android batch file

android batch files

android create a batch file
batch file android
batch file for android
batch file in android
batch files android
batch files for android
batch files on android
create android batch file

create batch file android