Can you listen to streaming media?

justicw

Reaction score
I have a radio station that I love to listen to but I can't get it to stream to my droid. Is there an app that will alow me to do that? If anyone is interested its www.tvulive.com/radiou/.

hughesjr

Reaction score

Didn't work for me :( I am still looking for a way to listen to that website. I've looked for plugins tried different browsers and tried as many apps that I can get my hands on and nothing works :( :(

That specific station is streaming in Flash ... there is no Flash Player for Droid yet, although Adobe says that version 10.1 will include a plugin for Android devices.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
I notice that it supports shoutcast, did you try DroidLive? There is also an ad supported DroidLive Lite.

Reaction score
flash is coming 2010 but if you can find a shoutcast or mp3 stream of what you are looking for it will work.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a radio station that I love to listen to but I can't get it to stream to my droid. Is there an app that will alow me to do that? If anyone is interested its www.tvulive.com/radiou/.

yes

i was just able to get this station playing on my phone using a app called Stream Furious... once installed hit the menu button and select more stations. it will take you to the shoutcast page and put "radiou" in the search and hit search. then radiou will be the 1st option and press play and it should start playing in streamfurious...

Xerozix

Reaction score
I need to work on an app for this, bet someone will beat me to it :p

What it'll do is I'll most likely download and decompile the player and see where it's getting its stream from, emulate that, and bam, streaming player :p

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP
justicw

justicw

Reaction score

yes

i was just able to get this station playing on my phone using a app called Stream Furious... once installed hit the menu button and select more stations. it will take you to the shoutcast page and put "radiou" in the search and hit search. then radiou will be the 1st option and press play and it should start playing in streamfurious...

Thanks!!!! THIS WORKED GREAT!!!! :) :) :)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

yes

Thanks!!!! THIS WORKED GREAT!!!! :) :) :)

anytime, its what were here for.