Can you go from SM updater to BB?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Grey Hawk, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If so how? I'm not very good with this root stuff, so I would need good instructions.

2. dredge

dredge Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sholes has everything BB has, BB has everything sholes has. they will all be equally updated. sholes makes it easier to update, stay with sm imo (if you have market sholes)

goon

3. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not really. Pete has the new kernel in his that allows you to get CPU temps, and for me, while they have the same crap...BB has been much more bugless.

As for the answer of the original question...

Yes you can. Technically you can simply boot into recovery mode and install the update.zip from Pete's BB. However, I did a complete factory restore when I went from one to the other because I was having so many problems with Sholes and didn't want all that BS to transfer over to BB.

4. Randomocity

Randomocity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Except that sholes should have this feature shortly. BB really isnt any less bugless than sholes is.

5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    With my experience it was much worse with Sholes. When I went to BB 0.7.5 I also dropped 40ms in benchmark with MORE programs running than I had on Sholes.

Everyone has their own results, but something about the combination of apps that I have did not agree with Sholes and I have never had a single issue with BB. I had two battery pulls just installing Sholes (and that is common to get a battery pull or some FC while installing if you look around).

6. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    i would use petes instruction and do the nanodroid update including the wipe. that way no bugs that the sholes rom might have dont transfer over to the bb. not knocking any roms but ive read many times switching roms without wiping leads to more issues.

7. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, same way here....BB is my all around ROM that works good for everything

8. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Luck of the draw I guess. I went to Bugless B via update.zip with no issues. It just varies with apps and settings.