Can you do this with the Droid X?

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
I am not sure if this question was posted before. However, I was testing my Droid X by making a call and downloading an app at the same time. The call did not drop but I was not to get the Market Place or internet. I am not sure if anyone have an answer for this questions. :blink:

Bigbezzee

Reaction score
Verizons Network is not able to do this....Still a step behind AT&T...my Fiance can do this on her 3GS and has Done it on her BB 9000

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verizons Network is not able to do this....Still a step behind AT&T...my Fiance can do this on her 3GS and has Done it on her BB 9000

its just the fact that ATT is on SIM network and VZW is on CDMA networks. when LTE comes out youll be able to do this

Technoman

Reaction score

Verizon is not behind ATT.. this is a function difference of network function. Once Verizon goes LTE... this limitation will be gone.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Verizon is not behind ATT.. this is a function difference of network function. Once Verizon goes LTE... this limitation will be gone.

"i like my network to make calls. thats why i chose verizon" :icon_ banana:

behind att? yea you can call and surf at the same time if you can find a spot that actually has reception lol

DroidX101

Reaction score
k, this is a retarded question, but I haven't heard anything about this LTE. Is this a different system that verizon is trying or something?

nevermind, found it, guess verizon is going to 4g, kool, will this effect the droid x in any way, will this help the x?

dangerous

Reaction score
k, this is a retarded question, but I haven't heard anything about this LTE. Is this a different system that verizon is trying or something?

nevermind, found it, guess verizon is going to 4g, kool, will this effect the droid x in any way, will this help the x?

Its 4g for VZW. Fast and should be system wide by 2012. currently building the network (but not selling it's capability yet).

REARless

Reaction score

No, the X does not have LTE capabilities. You will need to get a new phone, and probably billing plan, to exploit LTE when it comes out.

Bigbezzee

Reaction score

"i like my network to make calls. thats why i chose verizon" :icon_ banana:

behind att? yea you can call and surf at the same time if you can find a spot that actually has reception lol

Very true......she can do this but she also losses reception while stationary in the bedroom, in the livingroom, at her job, my job and numerous other places

Tower101

Reaction score
I hear VZW's 1st 4g "capable" phone will be out late this year. Android OS..

LTE will (or should) launch end of this year but the first LTE phone will not be until late next year (this is of course subject to change :))

Aohus

Reaction score
I hear VZW's 1st 4g "capable" phone will be out late this year. Android OS..

LTE will (or should) launch end of this year but the first LTE phone will not be until late next year (this is of course subject to change :))

yup, they will be releasing LTE cards for notebooks first november-december time period, then LTE phones will be out sometime early 2011, but i'm going to guess and say they won't be available until spring '11.