1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

can you continue using droid without contract

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by brianes99, Aug 20, 2010.

1. brianes99

brianes99 New Member

I'm considering an upgrade to a droid x, but i'd like the idea of still using my moto droid 1 both for wireless connection and for gps (geocaching). Is this possible, or will the phone be "locked" without a verizon contract?
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It definitely won't work for wireless connection or google maps, because you won't have it assigned to a phone line with a data package. About the best you can do is play music through the music player.

You said about geocaching - do you use c:geo? I'm an avid geocacher and of the 42 caches I've found since I started in June, there's only 3 caches that have been elusive, and none can be attributed to the Droid. I believe at least 2 of them were "muggled".
  3. brianes99

brianes99 New Member

to use the gps and download map (or even just using radar without map)

Yes, I use c:geo as my primary program. (also have geobeagle, geohunter and cachemate installed :blink: )

there have been times when all three other programs have failed me and c:geo has been right on target!
Search tags for this page

use gps on a droid 3 without a contract