Can you charge your RAZR with USB to your computer?

kyfa25

Reaction score
Hopefully this isnt a repost , which im probably sure it is.. That being sad, would anyone know how to get my RAZR to obtain a charge from my laptop? Is there an app I can install on my computer that will have the necessary drivers for the phone to accept the computer as a charging device? I gotta travel allot this year, and I find myself needed to charge constantly, and the only way is going to be through USB to my laptop, or to carry this USB charger thing.. I really hope there's a way to be able to dray from the laptop through USB....

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Just plug it in and throw your phone in charge only, be warned, it will charge fantastically slow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
K

kyfa25

Reaction score
Just plug it in and throw your phone in charge only, be warned, it will charge fantastically slow

Im not sure I follow your suggestion. I did plug it it, but Im not seeing where I can select charge only? I held the power button down and the menu doesnt have that option.. if you wouldnt mind could you be more specific in the steps? thanks in advance.

Dunc

Reaction score
Im not sure I follow your suggestion. I did plug it it, but Im not seeing where I can select charge only? I held the power button down and the menu doesnt have that option.. if you wouldnt mind could you be more specific in the steps? thanks in advance.
1.) Plug into the computer
2.) Swipe your finger to pull the notification bar at the top down to show the contents
3.) Select to manage your USB connection
4.) Choose which ever option you want and then hit OK.

It will also charge on "USB Mass Storage" as well. But if you don't want the SD card to get mounted then choose the "Charge Only" option.

Last edited:
OP
K

kyfa25

Reaction score
Thanks dude.. it was the notificaion swipe down I was missing.. that brought up the menu.. thanks again!

tc1

Reaction score

Yes... It is ungodly slow.