can you change emoticons

droidmoon86

Reaction score
Can you change the settings for the emoticons so that they are not the green robot? I would like just the plain text ones, or something "normal"... been googling all morning and can't find anything useful. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure on that, but I mean, you are the only one that sees the little green Android emoticons...the recipient of the message sees a regular smiley face I am almost certain...

OP
D

droidmoon86

Reaction score
Oh, really? So I send a robot.. and the receiver sees text? Or, I guess, whatever their phone normally does. I guess that's a little better.

Serialkilla

Reaction score
Depends on the icon - for instance, a "normal" emoticon smiley face is : ) , but droids is : - ) , so - when the other person without a droid gets the message - it's just the text. droid adds "noses" i guess it would be, to their emoticons. Some are the same as the standard emoticons, but alot aren't. I've been waiting for someone to come up with the app to help that out myself. But, also, the ones that do work, show up as smilies on others devices,not robots.

OP
D

droidmoon86

Reaction score
I have nothing against green robots.. but I should be able to choose if I want them or not! :p

blake

Reaction score
I LOVE GREEN ROBOTS TOO!! question: when i select a face from the emoticons menu i want to change it so that i can see the robot faces before ever sending the text, does anyone know where these images are located? I realize the robots are in the framework-res.apk but i cant find the :) etc images

diane135130

Reaction score
Droid Emoticons

Can you change the settings for the emoticons so that they are not the green robot? I would like just the plain text ones, or something "normal"... been googling all morning and can't find anything useful. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

I'm just the opposite.....trying to GET the droid emoticons.....how about we switch? LOL I can't figure out where to go to get the droids on my Samsung Charge.....any ideas? What text messageing do you have.....the stock or something else?