Can You Bring Game Data From Stock ROM to Liberty?

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Being the patient person I am.... LOL! I went ahead and did it. I have my ROM backup and am now on my stock ROM. I'm going through the stock file manager named "Files" and can't find any Angry Birds data for the life of me. :(

Reaction score
That's true. My girl lost all of her saved data when she got a replacement phone but she was only like ten stages in so I just gave her 3 stars on all of em.

Well, I've been doing it the hard way myself... before I decided to root my phone and install a custom ROM, I was somewhere in the middle of Mighty Hoax. I didn't much care for stars the first time through, however. After losing my saved game data, I've been striving for 3 stars in every level, refusing to proceed to the next level until I got 3 stars in the last one. So far, I'm near the end of Poached Eggs.

Reaction score
Being the patient person I am.... LOL! I went ahead and did it. I have my ROM backup and am now on my stock ROM. I'm going through the stock file manager named "Files" and can't find any Angry Birds data for the life of me. :(

Ahhh... yes, the stock file manager can only access your SD card. Get a more capable file manager... I still recommend Root Explorer, but you can get a free one like the free version of Astro, or even OI File Manager which is the one that comes with Liberty.

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score

Ahhh... yes, the stock file manager can only access your SD card. Get a more capable file manager... I still recommend Root Explorer, but you can get a free one like the free version of Astro, or even OI File Manager which is the one that comes with Liberty.

Hmmmm I'll have to try Astro.

btw what does OI mean? :p

EDIT: Ran Astro, it seems to also only pick up SD card stuff. While I could see more than with "Files," it still seems to be the case.

For example, I moved Angry Birds to the SD card and it popped up, but no data file, just the levels, music, etc. But once I moved it back to the internal phone drive, it went away. Maybe I will have to buy Root Explorer. :(

Last edited:
OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Wow! I would think of this idea as I flash back to Liberty....

Okay, so what if I use a combo of both Spaz33g and mingaldrichgan's ideas? So I flash to my stock ROM backup, run Titanium, backup Angry Birds, restore Liberty ROM, run Titanium, restore Angry Birds

Would this work? And sorry spaz33g if this was your intent from the beginning by suggesting that app. I'm still pretty new to this rooting thing so I'm a little slow with this types of things. :(

Thanks again for everyone's help!!

Reaction score
Yeah, that would work. I never felt comfortable with Titanium Backup, though. But then again, I'm the sort of person who often prefers doing things the hard way. Call me old-fashioned. Or masochistic. =)

Are you sure you were looking for the file in the right place, though? It's /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/highscores.lua. If you really were restoring a backup that had your Angry Birds scores on it, that file must be there.

Reaction score
My data folder was empty :(

If you had any apps from the market installed at all, your data folder could not possibly have been empty, as market apps are installed to /data/app. I'm quite certain you were looking in the wrong place! Are you sure you were looking at the data folder in the ROOT of your phone's internal file system, as opposed to on your SD card?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
He's not in the wrong place. I just checked and neither astro or the oi file browser have access to the data/ folder. They display them as being empty.

tappin and a talkin

Reaction score
He's not in the wrong place. I just checked and neither astro or the oi file browser have access to the data/ folder. They display them as being empty.

Huh, I didn't know that.

Well, I guess you really need Root Explorer then. Unless you decide to go the Titanium Backup route. Or use the ADB pull command.

I wonder if there's a way to load up an image file onto an Android emulator on the computer and pull the file out from there?

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
It's official! I have my game data back! Thanks everyone! - especially spaz33g and mingaldrichgan!! Now, there is nothing that makes me the least bit sad of rooting and flashing ROMs. You all are life savers!!