can we install razor roms?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
They have different types of screens (AMOLED v TFT) and the Razr screen is bigger. The rom may load but I don't know if the screen will work.

moccor

Reaction score
Well with SS3's ease of us and multiple slots, it would be easy to test. I don't think anything bad can happen, Bionic, Razr and D4 are all the same Exact SS3 right?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
On SS3, when you swap roms does the data transfer over (if I send a text on Eclipse and swap to AOKP will the text message show on AOKP)?

kenji91

Reaction score
On SS3, when you swap roms does the data transfer over (if I send a text on Eclipse and swap to AOKP will the text message show on AOKP)?

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but for SMS, I now use SMS Backup & Restore. That's the exact name, but there are similarly named others out there. It backs up all SMS to an XML file that you can restore when you switch ROMs. It's much faster than using TiBu or any other SMS backup apps that I know of.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would strongly frown upon flashing the ROM for a Droid RAZR into a D4 or vice versa, and for that matter the ROM from ANY phone onto ANY other, unless you are absolutely sure the Kernel is compatible. They are NOT the same phone, no matter if they seemingly act the same. The D4 has a keyboard and that means a whole section of the Kernel devoted to managing the digital feedback from that keyboard. Not to mention the architecture of the motherboard is different. Sure it may have the same processor and memory and even the same GPU, but that's where the similarities end.

Think of it this way...

We can make an Android phone look, feel and operate just like an Apple iPhone (except perhaps the snappy GUI of the Apple iPhone due to its highly integrated OS and hardware), and perhaps even vice versa, but that doesn't mean that you can flash an OS 10 on to a Droid RAZR, nor can you flash a Android 4.01 onto the Apple iPhone.

Droid 4 motherboard (click to enlarge):

Droid 4.jpg
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola+Droid+4+Teardown/7759/2

Droid RAZR motherboard (click to enlarge):
Droid RAZR.jpg
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola+Droid+RAZR+Teardown/7048/3

Images courtesy of ifixit.com

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Also, I tried installing the RAZR version of Eclipse 1.2 before it was ported by myfishbear. It booted, but the softkeys didn't work and the keyboard wasn't mapped correctly. Also hot rebooted every twenty seconds or so. Not usable. A lot of the hardware is similar, but there are enough differences that it doesn't work.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
if u had cwm, this is not that easy is it? as far as, if u boot loop, u just go back into ss and restore or just reflash....i THINK with cwm u have to rsd lite and all

Joemarch17

Reaction score
Question

Can I download any Rom that is for any razr if i have the Android Razr Maxx HD? Im trying to find a custom ROM but dont know which ones i can use..