1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can we get an alternative to tapatalk?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by wierdo124, Dec 31, 2010.

1. wierdo124

wierdo124 New Member

I know we have a DF app and we're tapatalk enabled but there's a better app i've found. It's free for the forum like tapatalk. It's called forum runner, it's in the market. Idk who to pm and didn't see a better place to put this but could this be passed on to the higher ups? If we could get activated on it that would be great.

I think it's better.

Sent from my etch a sketch
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I'll pass this up the chain. But since we've already have custom tapatalk apps for our forums I doubt the big droid will go for another app that does the same thing.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I like using the computer or my iPad as an alternative. lol, I never got the hang of tapatalk and still don't know why it's useful but obviously people love it. And the Droid Forum App.
  4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

You got to love when people say something is 'better' and then don't give a SINGLE REASON WHY.... sounds like someone's fishing for the developer...
  5. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

or maybe in their opinion they do think it is a better alternative. Why does he have to be "fishing" for the dev? Can't he have his own opinion without being called out on it???
  6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

He's welcome to whatever opinion(s) he likes. Like always however when someone lists opinions w/o reasons it leaves it open for readers to guess at the reasons. In this instance he's advocating a paid app with no justification as to why the forum should support it. Tapatalk is already implemented here (and on many MORE and many LARGER forums than said app) and the admins/devs on this site have been kind enough to develop a FREE version of it for their users. So if the intent is to support this site unless there are real advantages (again, none listed and looking at their site there really aren't any) then we are free to guess at his motives as we see fit.
  7. wierdo124

wierdo124 New Member

i don't have a clue who the developer is. I just put it on my forum awhile back and find it's way better. Better interface, better support, more forum end customization, ad capability, etc. Plus, my friend has an Incredible that won't run Tapatalk. It just force closes. I've also found numerous glitches in it, which don't seem to exist in Forum Runner.

Thanks bro.

I understand, but what's the harm done in doing this? I mean it's no charge to the forum...what's wrong with a choice between Tapatalk and Forum Runner? The only reason FR isn't as popular is because it's much newer than Tapatalk. Look at the reviews, everyone says it's better than Tapatalk lol.
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

I understood about the no-cost to the forums, my thing was why recommend something to the forums that would make their followers pay when there is already a free app.

But leaving that, none of the forums I use regularly support it yet so I can't really try it but what is better about it? I have been thinking about putting TapaTalk onto my schools sites but if it is better or comparable I might do both (it is cheaper for the users than TapaTalk).
  9. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

I'm using Forum Runner and like it better as well. I have dedicated apps through Tapatalk for this forum and AVS. I would prefer if all 3 were available under Forum Runner. To me it makes better sense to have one app and one shortcut rather than having to launch three different apps if I have a few minutes to check forums. As far as how Forum Runner is better in my opinion? The UI offers a much more seamless experience. As it stands now, I almost never check this forum or AVS while on my Droid, I just wait until I can get to a computer. I check the forum on Forum Runner several times a day from my Droid.
  10. wierdo124

wierdo124 New Member

^bingo :D

If you want to test it, it's activated at gnd-tech.com. I'm not trying to spam, but you're welcome to test it out on there if you like. We're vB CMS activated so FR also has support for that. I don't know what DF has set up for that.
  11. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Who are you and what did you do with OneTenderRebel? :D
  12. BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam New Member

I just tried it and the free version doesn't have this forum

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk
  13. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Exactly. Op is asking if the forum could be added.

tappin and a talkin
  14. BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam New Member

K

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk
  15. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

The Custom app that is provided is free to user.
    But the Owners paid for it to be custom to this forum.
Search tags for this page
alternative to tapatalk
app like tapatalk free
apps like tapatalk
apps like tapatalk free
better than tapatalk
check how forum looks in tapatalk
forum app better than tapatalk android
free app like tapatalk
free apps like tapatalk
is there an app like tapatalk for free

tapatalk alternative