Can We Fix Black Screen

Elitewolf

Reaction score
So after watching a youtube video how to unroot my android I FAILED!. Basicly I followed the same steps about 10 thousands other people did and downgraded my android to 2.1 and now i cant get anything to show on screen, doesnt matter if i hold volume down & power or if i just hit power screen is black. After I fubard my phone I started reading what happened but nobody has yet to come up with a Fix. Is this something verizion will warrent? If so what do I tell them to what caused it, cuz i know if i use the work root i void all warrenties.

Any advice on this will help.

Clint.

The 2 forums that explain the problem im facing are are...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ideo-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html
&
Blank Screen

Globed

Reaction score
Well can you boot it in to recovery by holding the power and down volume key? And what i think u did.because downgrading the firmware when ur rooted doesnt unroot ur phone. So.if ur running a rom and a clockwork.mod thats compatible with with 3.0 n u downgrade to.2.1 ur CW and rom arent compatible.and.they wont work so hense the.black.screen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Globed

Reaction score
So heres a possible solution if u.can access the hboot recovery screen.

First download the stock droid image provided here:
http://jonsuh.com/downloads/htc_dro...and-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip

Next format your sdcard so that it is formated to fat32.
Then rename the file you downloaded to PB31IMG.zip. and copy it to.the root of your sdcard.

Last boot it into hboot holding the power and the volume down key. Wait a couple seconds while hboot scans for PB31IMG.zip. then it will promt u.do u want to update. You choose yes and let it update and then u should be good to go. Let me know if it works

OP
E

Elitewolf

Reaction score
Haha I managed to reflash my phone following Phil post. Basic it was booting but nothing was on screen so by copying the correct.file to my SD card and booting using volume down and power worked. Even though I did not see anything it was working and after gigiving it ample time to load ( about 4 mins) then hitting up button restored the functionality then I used unrevoked to reflash back to working condition

Globed

Reaction score
Good yeah the same thing happened to me i needed to use my insurance cause.i.cracked.my.screen and so i downgraded got black screen and followed my directions.it turned s back on and i was fine.l and got my fone.fixed