Can this speed issue be solved?

Narcoleptic

Reaction score
Hi,

I have no idea if this is verizon, android or droid issue.

I'm having issues with 3g speeds on my Droid 1 (updated to 2.2, unrooted). I am unable to watch videos and pages take a long time to load.
My 3g signal bars look fine - although change frequently.
My boyfriend's Droid has speeds much higher than mine but he still has some issues occasionally.

I used speed test over the last few days and here are the last results (from yesterday and today)

kbps

46/20
1/87
304/81
37/1688
30/206
409/199
429/441
173/551

I tried the resetting the phone, the 228 thing, clearing the browser cache, using Dolphin instead of stock, etc. No real change.

I've noticed the speed has taken a significant nosedive in the last 2 weeks, specifically. The browser is becoming pretty useless at this point.

I guess my question is, has anyone had any speed issues and were you able to fix the issue without having to return your phone?

Thanks

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
:welcome:to the forums.

Is your phone rooted?? If so, I would check your rom or kernel as being a possible problem.

If you are not rooted, I know that Verizon has been working on their towers and I have seen that signal strength has been an issue all over the place. You could try to call Verizon and ask them about the signal issue.

Also check that you do not have a task killer loaded. Those cause more troubles than they are worth.

forkup

Reaction score
Sound like a signal issue to me...flaky towers. As said above make sure you have the latest prl and be patient cuz they're prolly working on something in your area it happened to me soon after I got my d1 on day 1 then fixed itself.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
By the way, my suggestion was in case you hadn't done it since the hardware reset. Sometimes the programming doesn't take from a reset too well. Too much stuff going on.

As everyone said, signal issues seem to be the culprit.

dalkhoutoff

Reaction score
By the way, my suggestion was in case you hadn't done it since the hardware reset. Sometimes the programming doesn't take from a reset too well. Too much stuff going on.

As everyone said, signal issues seem to be the culprit.

Yeah thats it. I have had the same problem. I thought it was one of the rom's fault so i flashed a whole bunch of em to no avail. I just waited it out and i am getting .50 mbps w/ 1 bar. I get 1.29mbps with full bars. Its probably where you live. I live out in the desert, but if i walk to my mailbox (a mile away) it gets waaaaay better signal.