Can this ROM be trusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but I'm love with this rom. This is my first Rom to last on my phone for more than 4 days without flashing a new rom ......dancedroid

eggsped

Reaction score
I was a little paranoid as well, I tried it anyway and it looks sweet, especially the contact list, but I had too many issues to keep it on my phone. I'll wait until it's a little more refined before I try again.

FWIW, we purchased 200 memory sticks with our company logo on them and 1 out of 3 had viruses on them. They were manufactured in China and went through at least 3 middle men before we received them so who knows where and when the viruses were placed on them.

Nausicaa

Reaction score
I am from China. I am always skeptical of their products. Software I have never been hurt by before though. Hearing about how broken it is though, I do not want to install it not because it is Chinese, but rather because it is not very good (yet).

The hardware I get from there often has very poor manufacturing, unless it is branded by an overseas company.

So don't worry about the software, but the hardware is often very haphazard and can break or be toxic to your health.

fox_dye

Reaction score
I jumped in with both feet. Its been fun to watch this rom develop to where it is now. I know its not done by far but I don't have many issues left to be resolved. I was one of the first people to put this port on my phone. I grabbed it over at xda like 20 min after it hit the forum. I personally like this rom. Its smoother than any other rom out. No redraws at all. Plus even the guy that made the rom could get stuff off my phone the only thing on there are some compromising pictures of my wife.

acehole

Reaction score
Pretty nice rom

It would be nice to know some of the Chinese functions or have them removed but its their rom, your choice. I find it quite unique. Has some bugs but wow it is something to behold. If you don't like it change it over. change your passwords and move on. Me, I will keep it for a while. I have been using sapphire but this is pretty sweet. I have a problem with the Chinese government, not the people.

I don't post a lot, but really? It's an open forum and you do have your choice and freedoms like the others here. I commend them, him, her. Its is quite a nice job so far.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Bgills got all the chinese translated that I know of, and removed the updater app(chinese app with the up arrow) where its from they can update it OTA like with some ROMs on ROM manager.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Yeah bgill55 has done great job. He has the whole thing translated and most of the apps working. The only thing still broke is the SD card and phone storage setting.

acehole

Reaction score
seems to be true

Cant wait for more development on this rom though.

winstonterr

Reaction score
Hi,
I have gotten a new laptop, but I can't seem to find my installation CD for my notebook adapter. Where can I find a Linsksys Wireless-G notebook adapter installation CD-Rom?. Please help. All I need is the Installation CD.Thanks.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Theres one feeling I get for sure about this rom, before I get into it, I'd like to say this is by far the most distinguished rom out there,tons of features which is awesome, buti get this eerie feeling when sliding through the home screens and just glancing at it when its just on the desk, too iphoney for me at times, just feels a little wrong lol

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
I have gotten a new laptop, but I can't seem to find my installation CD for my notebook adapter. Where can I find a Linsksys Wireless-G notebook adapter installation CD-Rom?. Please help. All I need is the Installation CD.Thanks.

WTF! ahahaha Someone made a wrong turn on the internet!!!!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi,

WTF! ahahaha Someone made a wrong turn on the internet!!!!

And two left turns do not make a right! rofl, this post made my day, thanks!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I jumped in with both feet. Its been fun to watch this rom develop to where it is now. I know its not done by far but I don't have many issues left to be resolved. I was one of the first people to put this port on my phone. I grabbed it over at xda like 20 min after it hit the forum. I personally like this rom. Its smoother than any other rom out. No redraws at all. Plus even the guy that made the rom could get stuff off my phone the only thing on there are some compromising pictures of my wife.

I get redraws using this ROM. REALLY long ones sometimes. I flashed right over ss4.8 w/o wiping.

Status
Not open for further replies.