Can the TB be used as a phone?

Kittysback

Reaction score
I went to an amusement park last week. The TB was at 100% when I unplugged it from the car at 10am.

Didn't use it for anything all day.

At 4pm I went to call my wife to tell her where to meet and the TB was stone dead.

<6 hours of standby time is a joke.
Is there some mode to shut down everything but the phone?

I don't know why everyone has all these problems with battery life... I get great battery life all day. My phones right now has 39% battery life, I took it off the charger at 7am MST and it is currently 4:53pm MST, I have been listening to music all day, watching YouTube, surfing websites, facebook, this forum and xda. I have made two phone calls, a few text messages. Stock battery btw, so I'm not on an extended battery.

I know... I don't have any issues either (except for that one time, but once I rebooted the phone, it solved the problem).... My battery is fine. Right now it's been 16 hours and 46 minutes since I took it off charge, and I've used it pretty much today, and I still have 23% left. I'll put it on charge it soon.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
make sure you restart your phone atleast once a day to kill everything running that could be the problem
That is horrible advice. Why not find out what's running and then freeze it or remove it? This isn't a BB Storm that needed to be killed every day.

My phone idle will last almost 3 days with very light use. I don't have facebook, twitter or any other social crap running. Hotmail updates once an hour. I'm in a solid 4G area.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I went on a gambling trip and unplugged the phone around noon (when I got out of my car)... didn't get home til 2:00 PM the next day, and it still had a charge left. I used it very little, however, with just a few text messages and a few posts to Face Book. Mine seems to last okay if I don't use it. Actually, even with moderate use I get a day out of it... as I said, I unplug it around 5:00 AM and plug it back in around 9:00 PM. I just refreshed it (not sure I did that before my last post)... My screen now says unplugged for 13 hours and 50 minutes, and it's at 31%... with moderate-heavy usage.

Where did you get your phone BC even HTC doesn't make such grand claims.

sent from my thunderbolt

Uh, got it from Verizon.... and I'm telling you, that was what happend... don't really care if you believe me. I'd have absolutely no reason to make it up! It was with limited use. And from the Thunderbolt page on Verizon, it says....
Battery

• Usage: 378 mins OR
  • Standby: 330 hours
So, I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm thinking 26 hours that I got is substantially less than the 330 hours they claim. So yes, it IS possible!
I get about the same results as you. You don't need to defend yourself against the trolling haters.

yiannis

Reaction score
Why don't you people get the power widget that controls brightness display, data, satellite, telephone signal, wifi and bluetooth and stick in your home screen and turn whatever you don't need off at the touch of a button? Works like a charm on my D1.

Kittysback

Reaction score

sent from my thunderbolt

Uh, got it from Verizon.... and I'm telling you, that was what happend... don't really care if you believe me. I'd have absolutely no reason to make it up! It was with limited use. And from the Thunderbolt page on Verizon, it says....
Battery

So, I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm thinking 26 hours that I got is substantially less than the 330 hours they claim. So yes, it IS possible!
I get about the same results as you. You don't need to defend yourself against the trolling haters.

Thanks! :)

tc3

Reaction score
There is no way your thunderbolts battery last that long

I take mine off the charger and leave for work...plug in my car charger. Work til noon barley using my phone except for a few text and check face book a few times and by lunch its halfway drained .

That's with 4G turned off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
make sure you restart your phone atleast once a day to kill everything running that could be the problem
That is horrible advice. Why not find out what's running and then freeze it or remove it? This isn't a BB Storm that needed to be killed every day.

My phone idle will last almost 3 days with very light use. I don't have facebook, twitter or any other social crap running. Hotmail updates once an hour. I'm in a solid 4G area.

Why do all that looking 4 what's running when u can just hit the restart button and toss it in ur pocket... and y so uptight bro I'm just giving my opinion

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie

Why do all that looking 4 what's running when u can just hit the restart button and toss it in ur pocket... and y so uptight bro I'm just giving my opinion

It is much faster to kill a rogue app than restart.

Plus the android system is designed to handle memory use very well so restarting your phone won't help your battery life at all.

Plus restarting your phone drains a lot of battery so I do it before I plug in to charge.

sent from my thunderbolt

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Why don't you people get the power widget that controls brightness display, data, satellite, telephone signal, wifi and bluetooth and stick in your home screen and turn whatever you don't need off at the touch of a button? Works like a charm on my D1.

I don't think anyone doesn't do that.

The thunderbolt would have about a 1 hour battery life if you left everything on.

sent from my thunderbolt

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I went on a gambling trip and unplugged the phone around noon (when I got out of my car)... didn't get home til 2:00 PM the next day, and it still had a charge left. I used it very little, however, with just a few text messages and a few posts to Face Book. Mine seems to last okay if I don't use it. Actually, even with moderate use I get a day out of it... as I said, I unplug it around 5:00 AM and plug it back in around 9:00 PM. I just refreshed it (not sure I did that before my last post)... My screen now says unplugged for 13 hours and 50 minutes, and it's at 31%... with moderate-heavy usage.

sent from my thunderbolt

Battery

I was making a joke.

But if you want to really get into it that website claims 387 mins of usage. 330 hours is standby and what good is a phone that is not in use.

If you call Verizon and complain about battery they consider 5 hours of battery life an acceptable and common figure.

I just don't want people to get fooled like I did and listen to people like you who are bragging about great battery life when they are clearly the exception.

sent from my thunderbolt

bernardino5

Reaction score
I went to an amusement park last week. The TB was at 100% when I unplugged it from the car at 10am.

At 4pm I went to call my wife to tell her where to meet and the TB was stone dead.

I strongly recommend you buy an extended battery and the only syncs u should turn off completely r news/stocks but by buying the extended battery that should help somewhat depends on how u use it seems like there is something seriously wrong with ur phone though, also check "you tube" and search- how to save battery on thunderbolt. Good tips u can learn, o and here's the link 4 the extended battery. http://www.htcexpress.com/htc-batte...rydock-usb-charger-pd42100-0609728894818.html

0v3rcl0ck3D/ThUnd3rb0lt3d

yiannis

Reaction score

I don't think anyone doesn't do that.

The thunderbolt would have about a 1 hour battery life if you left everything on.

sent from my thunderbolt

Is this everybody's experience? even if you had a stable 4G or 3G signal and you weren't oc'd?

kparks

Reaction score

I strongly recommend you buy an extended battery and the only syncs u should turn off completely r news/stocks but by buying the extended battery that should help somewhat depends on how u use it seems like there is something seriously wrong with ur phone though, also check "you tube" and search- how to save battery on thunderbolt. Good tips u can learn, o and here's the link 4 the extended battery. http://www.htcexpress.com/htc-batte...rydock-usb-charger-pd42100-0609728894818.html

0v3rcl0ck3D/ThUnd3rb0lt3d

I would email Verizon and tell them about the battery life and see what they will off I got a free 2700 battery and gas money :) .. and I hear a lot of ppl are getting 50% off