Can the memory script be disabled?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by snrsuave, May 24, 2010.

1. snrsuave

snrsuave New Member

I've been running BB 1.0 since it came out and I love it, but recently I've been having problems with the built in memory management closing my apps. I have ran the free50mb script to try and alleviate the issue, but it's still closing my apps. In particular, Homerun3D won't even let me finish a game. As soon as a round is over, I get kicked back to the home screen. Is there a way to disable Pete's memory management so my apps stop closing themselves? I have also tried the Auto Memory Manager app from the market, but the settings don't seem to stick. I think Pete's settings are overriding them. Thanks for you help guys!
  2. dbz443

dbz443 New Member

I use the free100mb script which is even more agressive than the free 50 and I don't have any problems with apps closing while I'm using them . If your playing homerun and don't open another app while your playing the task manager isn't going to kill it to free space. I just tried playing the game and it didn't kill it untill I opened two more apps on top of it. So I'm not entirley sure its the script that's causing the probllem,u could also try the free 25
  3. s10blazed

s10blazed New Member

I am curious of this also. I have mine set with the free50mb script and I can't listen to music, navigate, and check email without one of them closing on me.
  4. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Edit the contents of /system/xbin/pete to your liking.
    Use bit.ly/xdamemory as a reference