can the incredible take a 32 gig memory card?

joel11743

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
While stores don't seem to sell 32 gig sandisk memory cards, I see them from eBay dealers. The particular card I was looking at is
Sandisk 32GB Ultra II SDHC Memory Card SDSDRH032GA11
can the droid incredible take a 32 gig card or should I buy a 16 gig card?
thanks

bcrigler

Reaction score
I believe you can still format one via a 5in1 card reader on a pc and then just put it in the phone.

OP
J

joel11743

Reaction score
I never formatted the 2 gig card. is it just the 32 gig card that needs special formatting? how about the 16 gig card? thanks again

slinky

Reaction score

mikesmail0000

Reaction score
I got the 32GB microSD card to work

I just got mine from SanDisk and had to try a number of different things and FINALLY figured out the way to make it work. To make it work you need to format it FAT32 NOT NTFS from your computer. You can't do a quick format. You must do a full format. The phone probably can't format it but it doesn't need to. It is working fine for me now! The phone shows it as 29.7GB which is correct.

JayC'sIncredible

Reaction score
More Data Please

I just got mine from SanDisk and had to try a number of different things and FINALLY figured out the way to make it work. To make it work you need to format it FAT32 NOT NTFS from your computer. You can't do a quick format. You must do a full format. The phone probably can't format it but it doesn't need to. It is working fine for me now! The phone shows it as 29.7GB which is correct.

Hey Brother! Please expound on this ASAP.

_Where can we get it?
_Cost?
_Step by step instructions to format for the forum?

Much appreciated.

shamus

Reaction score

Hey Brother! Please expound on this ASAP.

_Where can we get it?
_Cost?
_Step by step instructions to format for the forum?

Much appreciated.

Seriously? 2 of the 3 questions you asked have been answered.......in the post you quoted.
-Sandisk.com
-Cost can be found at the above address
-Full format (not quick) using fat32 on your PC