Can The Droid Retrieve Apple Email Accounts

leahsfarm

Reaction score
Question for those successfully syncing with Mac Mail.

Do you have Snow Leopard? I am wondering if this is the catch-I have Leopard.

I just spoke with Verizon and they felt this may be the issue.

The only other thing I could try is Apple help *ugh*

Any other successes or failures with Mac Mail?

DroidFan

Reaction score
Ah! No, I'm not using Leopard... however, the server of MobileMe is where the information is coming from, not Leopard...

Now if you were talking about trying to sync up the Droid with Leopard via USB and had snags...I could potentially understand that.

leahsfarm

Reaction score
well crud...I guess I still have no answer as I am not trying with a USB but just 'in the air'

xxfire

Reaction score
Just add a email account and type in your .mac account info. There's no other tricks or tips...

It's as easy as setting up a gmail address...

mongodroid

Reaction score
iCal and Addressbook

Any luck syncing with iCal and Addressbook? I see Markspace has a beta of MissingSync for Android 1.0... Not ready for prime time. I also tried to go to me.com on the Droid browser and was redirected to Welcome

Very interesting... Apple's site thinks I'c trying to connect with an iPhone. Anyone had luck getting to me.com on a Droid?

SlyHusky

Reaction score
I have tried this two different ways.

The first time I just went to email and selected Add Account. I typed in my mac email and password and BAM all of my emails were there BUT shortly after the phone gave an error that email had to shut down and I had to force quit.

I then tried setting it up manually using the MobileMe IMAP settings.

The ingoing settings were accepted but outgoing were not.

I would also appreciate any details on getting MacMail on my droid!

I wondering if there's a forward address which can be set on MobileMe, just forward a Mac address to my gmail account.

Yes my first post!!! LOL and I actually know something. Anyhow to answer your question here it goes.

The workaround for the mentioned above really only works best when your computer is connected to the internet and mac mail is running. I work on a laptop so not ideal for me.

You need to sign into me.com from your browser. In the settings tab (the one that looks like your system preferences icon along the top)>The very last icon in the toolbar should be "OTHER". There should be an option to forward emails to another email address.

I set this to forward to my newly created gmail account, so I only have one email box on my phone I have to worry about. Now if I could only send emails from my phone using my @me.com account.

Hope this helps. BTW you don't need to be connected to the internet now cause its right from the server, and you get your push email on your phone through google.

bllarkin

Reaction score
Any luck syncing with iCal and Addressbook? I see Markspace has a beta of MissingSync for Android 1.0... Not ready for prime time. I also tried to go to me.com on the Droid browser and was redirected to Welcome

Very interesting... Apple's site thinks I'c trying to connect with an iPhone. Anyone had luck getting to me.com on a Droid?

I haven't tested this with that specific site, if you download the Dolphin browser, you can set the User Agent setting to Desktop and it should come up as if you were browsing it on your computer.