1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can the Droid play 720p videos?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Flowah, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Flowah

Flowah New Member

I'm curious because a 720p version (mp4) video I have doesn't play, but a 480p version (also mp4) does. Is it the video or is it the resolution?
  2. J5.

J5. New Member

I've been able to watch 720p videos with the new rock video player beta that's out.. i've never tried it in the stock video player tho.. but i don't know of any reason why it wouldn't play it..
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  3. Flowah

Flowah New Member

wouldn't work in rock video player.

It was a youtube video. I went to keepvid.com and downloaded the 720 mp4 version. Wouldn't play. then I downloaded the 480 mp4 version and it worked fine.
  4. J5.

J5. New Member

Idk then.. rock players been able to play every video i've tried in it.. the Droid must not like the encoding on that video or something..
Search tags for this page

can the droid x2 play 720p video?

droid x 720p mp4