Can the D2 camera really be this bad?

Reaction score
Seriously, this is 1.3 MP quality.

Is there going to be a fix, or are we stuck with this? I came from a D1 that had a camera 10x better than this unfortunate joke.

kenbiz

Reaction score
Was just at the vz store today to pay my girls bill n was playin around with the d2 n I gotta say not impressed at all..was using the internet n wasn't nearly as good my dinc.. expanding the text was slow n sluggish navigating was a pain in the ass. Glad I got her a fasinicate over the d2.. she had the d1 and seems like MOTO has put all there effort in the x. The x is a Great phone other then blur. Not to bash all u d2 users but sorry.....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of users complain about the state of the d2's camera and have generally kept my mouth shut but I don't know, I have never had one problem with shooting with my d2. I'm a photographer so maybe I just have a good enough understanding of the settings to manipulate them for the setting, or its possible that my expectations are lower. I must say when compared to my point and shoot I can generally take comparable pics with my phone in most situations.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Trenton

Reaction score
Was just at the vz store today to pay my girls bill n was playin around with the d2 n I gotta say not impressed at all..was using the internet n wasn't nearly as good my dinc.. expanding the text was slow n sluggish navigating was a pain in the ass. Glad I got her a fasinicate over the d2.. she had the d1 and seems like MOTO has put all there effort in the x. The x is a Great phone other then blur. Not to bash all u d2 users but sorry.....

That droid 2 st the verizon store is probably slow from people screwing with it all day who knows what condition its in..but I've never played with ad2 do idk

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

holmes6

Reaction score
Seriously, this is 1.3 MP quality.

Is there going to be a fix, or are we stuck with this? I came from a D1 that had a camera 10x better than this unfortunate joke.

well is it just a bad looking picture, or is the resolution actually 1.3 megapixels? If it's the latter you can increase the capture resolution in the camera application settings.
I've been generally satisfied with the image quality given the tiny lens.

nibblit

Reaction score
Droid 2 camera is so bad...

I can't scan QRs. Now, that's bad!

holmes6

Reaction score

This is an absurd claim. The X has its share of problems too and these are very similar phones.. If one is great they both are.

Your conclusions about a device based a few minutes with a likely abused one in the vzw store have no value IMO. Considering you didn't even mention the camera I suspect it's a troll.

antmeyerx

Reaction score
I love my camera on my d2 i think its great IMO i myself am a photographer i have some nice photos from the fall that alot of people are very amazed over.