1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can the Charge be rooted?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by jeffm97, May 26, 2011.

1. jeffm97

jeffm97 New Member

I am a noob and I have searched, but haven't found anything that claims this phone can be rooted. I want to be able to use wireless tether on my new phone.
    If wireless tether can not be used on this phone can anyone suggest a good Android device on the Verizon network that can be rooted and wireless tethering installed and work? Thanks a million for any advice.
  2. jwd45244

jwd45244 New Member

Wireless tether is on this phone. It is called Mobile Hot Spot.

Are you asking to run a wireless tethering app that would violate the terms of your agreement with Verizon? If so, a public forum is maybe not the best place for it.

As to rooting this phone, if you Google it you will find plenty of information.
  3. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member