Can the 2.01 be declined ?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the stuff that makes my point. Theres a ton of it out there. My phone is already "snappy" and I have no lag anywhere...and now this kind of stuff after the update...:icon_ devil:
I've had none of the issues mentioned. It amazes me that you'd be willing to return the phone because of a Mandatory update.

Well Martin..thats a good thing and I'm glad that you had none of the issues mentioned. I hope mine is that way also...if so...then no problem and I keep the phone. Perhaps you misunderstand my outlook towards all this. I spent a couple hundred to get this and by God...it worked..it worked REALLY REALLY well...right out of the box just the way I expected it to...absolutely NO issues...a perfect 10 for me. Now..all of a sudden, an event is occuring that MIGHT make my "10"....a lesser number...or it might not. I don't know. What I do know is that if this phone becomes frustrating as a result of the update(as the Storm was on initial release) then I will give it back. If it does not...then I will keep it. Pretty simple eh?? :icon_ devil:

Simple yes... however this is not a Storm. I know the pain, I got that device on launch as well... it was horrible getting updates that created more problems then they fix... i'm in total agreement with you there. However I don't feel Droid is a device in the same shoes... the device is solid, obviously, since you claim it to be near perfect. But there are glitches, which you, probably not unlike me, don't notice because what we do with the phone works seamlessly for us. I was leery on an update as well but having not had any issues prior to the update I felt that I wouldn't develop any 'new' issues... and i didn't. All I'm saying is give it a chance. :)

Too bad there isn't a recovery ROM for 2.0 you could flash... but then you'd have to root the phone, which could create a problem if messed up so no winning there :(

Jason

Reaction score
2.0.1 is a lot better for me when I thought it couldn't get better. This makes me look forward to future updates

Jason

Reaction score
Your camera might work fine now, but wait until 12/12 after the time bug kicks in again! Remember, Google and Motorola admitted there was a bug that was triggered ever 24.5 days or whatever, and the next time the bug will trigger will be 12/11...at which point your camera should start sucking again for another 24.5 days...or until you update.
I'm pretty sure that one of things the updates does is Fix that bug and should no longer happen again

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your camera might work fine now, but wait until 12/12 after the time bug kicks in again! Remember, Google and Motorola admitted there was a bug that was triggered ever 24.5 days or whatever, and the next time the bug will trigger will be 12/11...at which point your camera should start sucking again for another 24.5 days...or until you update.
I'm pretty sure that one of things the updates does is Fix that bug and should no longer happen again

it does, but i think he was pointing that out as reason to update and not decline it.

Jason

Reaction score

it does, but i think he was pointing that out as reason to update and not decline it.

O ok I thought he was talking about after the update but now I understand he was to the OP

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
I've had none of the issues mentioned. It amazes me that you'd be willing to return the phone because of a Mandatory update.

Well Martin..thats a good thing and I'm glad that you had none of the issues mentioned. I hope mine is that way also...if so...then no problem and I keep the phone. Perhaps you misunderstand my outlook towards all this. I spent a couple hundred to get this and by God...it worked..it worked REALLY REALLY well...right out of the box just the way I expected it to...absolutely NO issues...a perfect 10 for me. Now..all of a sudden, an event is occuring that MIGHT make my "10"....a lesser number...or it might not. I don't know. What I do know is that if this phone becomes frustrating as a result of the update(as the Storm was on initial release) then I will give it back. If it does not...then I will keep it. Pretty simple eh?? :icon_ devil:

Simple yes... however this is not a Storm. I know the pain, I got that device on launch as well... it was horrible getting updates that created more problems then they fix... i'm in total agreement with you there. However I don't feel Droid is a device in the same shoes... the device is solid, obviously, since you claim it to be near perfect. But there are glitches, which you, probably not unlike me, don't notice because what we do with the phone works seamlessly for us. I was leery on an update as well but having not had any issues prior to the update I felt that I wouldn't develop any 'new' issues... and i didn't. All I'm saying is give it a chance. :)

Too bad there isn't a recovery ROM for 2.0 you could flash... but then you'd have to root the phone, which could create a problem if messed up so no winning there :(

A Recovery Disk would be nice. I'm surprised someone hasn't created one yet. I have every intention of giving the v 2.01 a very good chance. I do like the phone and it seems to outperform the BB Storm by miles and miles...but I still have a few nightmares from that initial release. It must have taken 3 or 4 months of haunting crackberry to finally get that thing the way I wanted it. It was a learning experience that I have no desire to repeat and I hope you are correct when you say ..."not had any issues prior to the update I felt that I wouldn't develop any 'new' issues"....that would be my ideal.:icon_ devil:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A Recovery Disk would be nice. I'm surprised someone hasn't created one yet. I have every intention of giving the v 2.01 a very good chance. I do like the phone and it seems to outperform the BB Storm by miles and miles...but I still have a few nightmares from that initial release. It must have taken 3 or 4 months of haunting crackberry to finally get that thing the way I wanted it. It was a learning experience that I have no desire to repeat and I hope you are correct when you say ..."not had any issues prior to the update I felt that I wouldn't develop any 'new' issues"....that would be my ideal.:icon_ devil:

It's on a google platform so really no back up is needed and there are back up apps available. Matter of fact I have 2 back ups, "My Back Up" which I think I paid for and Wave Secure which backs up everything at their web site.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

ah see your still suffering from shellshock : )

THIS IS NOT A BB lol

The update will go smoothly. You shouldn't have any issues.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
mongoose...

even though personally I don't share your concern for the update, having learned your BB Storm background, as I said I shared in all the OS leaks and nonsense to get that phone functional only to be disappointed, I can understand your concern for updating.

Hopefully for you, just as it had for me with my 'free memory OCD' (bb obsession), the Droid will put to rest your update fears :). Good luck boss.

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
mongoose...

even though personally I don't share your concern for the update, having learned your BB Storm background, as I said I shared in all the OS leaks and nonsense to get that phone functional only to be disappointed, I can understand your concern for updating.

Hopefully for you, just as it had for me with my 'free memory OCD' (bb obsession), the Droid will put to rest your update fears :). Good luck boss.

Was that you on Crackberry..LOL...I wound up downloading QuickPull and never had another free memory issue. Started around 50.0 and by the end of the day I was usually down around mid 20's...then QuickPull would reset the whole thing and all would be well again. I never did load up V 5.0. I stopped when I had the phone doing what I expected and left it there...that was a looooong time ago. Now THAT was a phone to test ones patience and get "stronger" in all areas.... :icon_ devil:

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
---Quote (Originally by StiKemUp)---
Update seems very snappy and fast all around. However, the browser took a major hit in performance. I used to love showing off how smooth it was, but now when scrolling around it's VERY clunky and jittery.
---End Quote---
Me too, browser scrolling is abysmal. Bad google, BAD!

This is one of them...there are several complaining about the poor performance. I found most of them among the comments in "New Findings and Fixes..." thread and then theres several more in "Droid OTA updates before the 11th" and also "manually update to 2.01" threads. No I don't know who specifically...but certainly theres enough to catch ones attention...:icon_ devil: