Can swipe unlock options be changed?

jr6ooo4`

Reaction score
When I turn the phone one I have the swipe unlock feature enabled. It gives me the options of:

Unlock
Phone
Text
Camera

I would like change one to be the Google Maps App since I use the live traffic feature very often in my driving job.

Is it possible to change them. I have read through the online manual completely and did not see that option.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mikeeee

mad3963

Reaction score
When I turn the phone one I have the swipe unlock feature enabled. It gives me the options of:

Unlock
Phone
Text
Camera

I would like change one to be the Google Maps App since I use the live traffic feature very often in my driving job.

Is it possible to change them. I have read through the online manual completely and did not see that option.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mikeeee

Go to Settings> My Device> Lock screen> Shortcuts. Tap on Shortcuts, follow directions under Set shortcuts.

sent from my SS-empowered SGS4 using Tapatalk 4

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Go to Settings> My Device> Lock screen> Shortcuts. Tap on Shortcuts, follow directions under Set shortcuts.

There is no such thing on a Maxx HD! If it is I can't find it.

mad3963

Reaction score
My bad. I assumed you had an SGS4 as I do. I'm not subscribed to any Maxx HD threads, so not sure why I got notification of your post

Anyhow, I do have a Razr Maxx HD as my work phone. I don't know any way of changing these shortcuts on it.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Custom ROM I think is the only way to do it and I am not interested in going that far for me. I don't even use the lock feature myself.

mad3963

Reaction score
Only other option would be to use a replacement lock screen app from the Play Store.