1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can SPRecovery install SS4.1 Froyo?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by bruxC, Jun 25, 2010.

1. bruxC

bruxC New Member

Sorry for the newbish question, however, I downloaded RSDLite, put SPRecovery on my moto Droid, mounted up my phone on to the PC and copy/pasted SS4.1 Froyo and renamed it update.zip. I then booted it into recovery, wiped data/cache, accept the update.zip and then installed it.

The problem is when I get to that last part, it aborts 100% of the time. I am not sure why. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've done this with Cyan and it worked fine. The .zip file is just named "update" because if i name it "update.zip" it will say in Properties that it's named "update.zip.zip" which seems to be a common error people make when rooting.

Any suggestions?
  2. Zahoor

Zahoor New Member

3. bruxC

bruxC New Member

Right on, thanks. I'll try that right now. When I rename it in ASTRO should I add a ".zip" to the end of "update" or since it is already a zip file will it already have the extension if I just name it plainly "update"? That part is so simple but confusing at the same time.
  4. bruxC

bruxC New Member

You are the man!! That worked like a charm. Thank you so much!!!!!!!
  5. Zahoor

Zahoor New Member

No prob glad I can help :)