1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can somone please post a link how to unroot please???

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by Olivia, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Olivia

Olivia New Member

Can someone please post a link to show me what I need to do to unroot my Droid Razr? All these post are very vague on how to. Nobody ever post a link, they just say go to above thread etc. and I'm really getting frustrated. To be honest I don't know what I used to root my phone except it was on this site. I am running 2.3.6 and the file I believe I used to jailbreak it is called RazrSafestrap. Here is the link to the website. There is no name for the root so I don't know what to call it http://droidrazrroot.com/droid-razr-root/how-to-root-your-droid-razr-android-2-3-66-12-173/

BTW I have been searching for hours. It's not like I just posted this being lazy.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Can we get her some help? I am NOT a Safestrap person so I would SURELY bugger things up for her.
  3. Sydman

Sydman Rescue Squad Premium Member

I think with Safestrap installed is would be better to use the 1.6 Utility to restore your Razr to stock .181. That would get rid of root and Safestrap, though you will lose your stuff on your phone.

All APPS are backed up on the Play Store and your contacts and stuff with Gmail if you use it, so factory resets are not that big of a deal anymore.
  4. Sydman

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/207732-droid-razr-utility-1-6-now-contains-6-12-181-fastboot-files.html

Here is the link for the 1.6 Utility if that is something you are interested in doing. If your phone has USB debugging turned on and install from unknown sources on as well just plug your phone into your computer, put it on charge only mode.

Press option 1 and follow the directions from there, the utility will prompt you as to what to do. Make sure you have the drivers installed that are in the root of the folder.
  5. Olivia

Olivia New Member

I'm sorry I'm such a newb, but what drivers are you talking about and you say they need to be in the root of the folder. You mean on the phone right?
  6. Sydman

No sorry. There are some drivers for your computer inside the folder of the RAZR Utility 1.6. You will need those for your computer to recognize your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.
  7. Olivia

Olivia New Member

Thanks. Working on it now.
  8. Sydman

No problem, let us know if you run into a problem.
  9. Olivia

Olivia New Member

Thanks so much! It worked! I have now updated my phone successfully!!!
  10. Sydman

Awesome glad you got it working.

Edit: Also might want to update your profile with the correct phone, don't want to confuse someone trying to troubleshoot your problem.
  11. milkshed27

milkshed27 New Member

Deleted
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  12. slow_350z

slow_350z New Member

drivers

im also havin problems unrootin my razr... i cant seem to download the proper drivers to unroot.. it keeps on tellin me to re install the drivers every time i try to install it.... please some1 shed some light on my problems... and please post a working link for the moto drivers
  13. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

What version of the software are you on. The latest OTA is .211. If you are on .211 then you need to download DroidRazr 1.81 from here: http://crackflasher.com/dev/mattlgroff/XT912.Verizon.en.US/DroidRAZRUtility/DroidRazrUtility1.81.zip. The drivers you need are included in the .zip file. After you have downloaded the utility to your computer, you must extract the utility .zip to your c:\\, I recommend to its own folder. Run the .bat file, hook your phone up to your computer using the usb cable that came with your phone, make sure you have usb debugging selected and do not use Mass Storage under type of usb connection. Select option one to restore your phone to .211 stock, unrooted. You have to be in AP Fastboot mode to do this. First, power off your phone completely. Hold down the power button, volume up and volume down bottons together. You will boot into a black screen with while lettering. Using the volume down button scroll down to AP Fastboot and select by pressing the volume up buttom...hook up your phone...your computer should automatically load and install the drivers...just make sure you give the computer time to find and run them...run option 1.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  14. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad

+1 ^^^ I was just gonna post pretty much the same thing LOL *High Five* :hail:
  15. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Thanks...great minds think alike, lol.
  16. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad

You saved me some typing. I did enough of that last night in the other thread helping somebody root and tether LOL :p
Search tags for this page
4.1.2 motorola razr unroot
droid razr hacks
how can i successfully unroot my razr?
how to unroot droid razr maxx 6.12.181

how to unroot droid razr maxx without computer

how to unroot my droid razr

how to unroot razr m 4.1.2
how to unroot razr maxx 4.1.2
unroot droid razr maxx no computer
unroot razr maxx 4.1.2