Can Someone Walk Me Through Changing Phones (SD Card Issue)?

rherron

Reaction score
I am going to upgrade my Pro to something. Probably will wait to see what the upcoming Nexus actually looks like.

Once I am ready to make the move, do I just backup all of my files (apps) with Astro and stick the old SD card into the new device? How does that work exactly?

Also, I have paid for maybe two downloads, one of them being Beautiful Widgets. How easily does that transfer over to the new device?

Can someone walk me through the process, and I mean explain it to me like I'm a third grader. :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am going to upgrade my Pro to something. Probably will wait to see what the upcoming Nexus actually looks like.

Once I am ready to make the move, do I just backup all of my files (apps) with Astro and stick the old SD card into the new device? How does that work exactly?

Also, I have paid for maybe two downloads, one of them being Beautiful Widgets. How easily does that transfer over to the new device?

Can someone walk me through the process, and I mean explain it to me like I'm a third grader. :)

Your apps are tied to your Gmail account. When you log in to your new phone with your Gmail account info, the paid apps will automatically install. You will then simply reinstall your free apps. When I upgraded to my new Bionic I simply moved my sdcard from my Droid to the Bionic and instantly had all my music, pictures and ebooks on the new phone. Good luck.