1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by Jim 777, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

My intent here, for now anyway, is to try and use the draw9patch in the SDK tools.

I first downloaded the SDK to a folder in a partition other than the C drive. I repeatedly tried to run the SDK Setup.exe and never seemed to do anything, nothing changed and once installing the tools and such, it kept throwing an error up about how something was using that folder and it couldn't rename it.

Tonight I copied everything to the root of the C drive (sucks because I don't have much space left) and ran it again. Now I've got an SDK Manager.exe and it doesn't seem to do anything that the setup doesn't do.

When I go into Tools folder, I see a draw9patch.bat file but it only throws up a cmd screen for a nano second. Nothing else in the folder runs anything, especially anything that has a GUI.

So what am I doing wrong? How do I run the program that I see all the screen shots of?

Thanks
    Attached a couple screenshots in case that helps. The manager and the directories

Attached Files:

2. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

[​IMG]
  3. akasoldats

akasoldats New Member

For the draw9patch to work you have to have JavaDK installed. It sounds like you dont have it.
Search tags for this page

can someone see what i'm doing on my android

can someone see what im doing inside an app