Can someone tell me if I bricked my moto Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Triple7, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Triple7

Triple7 New Member

My Droid is rooted running cyanogen 6. I tried to install Google app pack from Clockwork recovery mod and when my phone rebooted it became suck on the Cyanogen boot screen. after waiting twenty minutes. I attempted to turn the phone of and couldnt so I removed the battery. Now when I power on my phone it either does that or I can take it to the clockworkmod recovery screen,
  2. sportsterBK8

sportsterBK8 New Member

(Joke response): You definitely bricked your device, as it is worthless now, you should mail it to me immediately :icon_ banana:

(Real response): You are nowhere near bricked, if you can get into clockworkmod or sprecovery, you can simply download cyanogen (or the rom of your choice) again, check the md5 checksum, and flash that rom from your recovery.

If you need any help, there are TONS of places on this forum that have how-to's, possibly even in the stickies.

Good luck, don't hesitate to ask for help.
  3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
  4. neccoguy21

neccoguy21 New Member

an even easier suggestion is to (try this before wiping any data, it could easily work, but if not...) just wipe everything and reinstall the same update.zip you used to properly root your device before running into trouble with your Google apps .zip. if you can boot into a recovery, this should be no problem.

I always keep the most recent update.zip file on the root of my card in those just-in-case situations.
Search tags for this page

how to know if motorola droid x is bricked

how to know if nexus 4 is bricked