Can someone tell me how to Root Dx from phone

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to root my phone from my phone..I've tried one method and it didn't work please help...Motorola Droid x

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Uzzo

Reaction score
just google z4root to your phone or computer and install it on your phone and your rooted. can't remember if you need to unlock bootloader or not bc i don't have the DX but here's a link for more info. DROIDX - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

P.S. check the forums for DX hacks! it will give you rooting info for the future

tb110895

Reaction score
Try z4root, its in my sig. Install it and run it. If it takes too long and its not doing anything then reboot and try again. Thats it, it will reboot when finished then you should be rooted. If you need help, reply or you can PM me. No, you do not need an unlocked bootloader either.
Also, :welcome: to the forums!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP

Reaction score
how dangerous

K now that I got that how dangerous is it to my phone I know rooting can sometimes ruin your phone so how dangerous is doing what u said to my phone

tb110895

Reaction score
K now that I got that how dangerous is it to my phone I know rooting can sometimes ruin your phone so how dangerous is doing what u said to my phone

Rooting is harmless and will not ruin your phone. Only YOU can ruin your phone by making certain actions after you are rooted. If you don't know about precautions and such I would read up before rooting and just installing any old root app on the market. If you don't have the knowledge on root and ROMS and such you CAN ruin your phone..at least to an SBF

Rooting does void your warranty but if you unroot and fix all the changes you made your warranty will no longer be void

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
As stated just follow the links in my sig for rooting the DX....Z4 is linked there as well as options for using a PC if you wish.