Can someone tell me how to do a Cache Wipe?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Please, no joke, need to one, but it doesnt work, yes, I know it changed with KK, but anyone know how to do this with out having to friggin do a master reset?

THNX.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
One way, if you are on 4.4.2, is to go to Settings/Storage/Cached data. Once the amount is displayed, click on it and you will be given an option to Clear the data.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I know this but it fails to follow through, I remember someone else posting the same issue and to no resolve.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Try these instructions for a Razr HD / Razr M after the KitKat update (works on all my Razr M's):

How do I clear Cache Partition on my device?

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence