can someone point me to the right direction

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
I want to root my droid bionic 2.3.4. Last time I tried I used pete rooting tools it did all the steps until it got to the last one step then it said error.plz help????

deduct

Reaction score
Rooting with motofail is easy. Download motofail onto computer. unzip it to desktop. Have latest motorola drivers installed on computer. Make sure USB debugging is checked in phone settings. Open motofail, plug in phone to back USB port. Make sure phone is set to mass storage. Click the 'run' option within motofail. Phone will reboot three times and program will say exploit complete. Unplug phone and have fun.

OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
Thank u ill try tomorrow after I pick up my new pc tower

OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
Okay so i tried my phone says its rooted. I have the new icon in my apps. But now where i go to change my phone program i mean where do i get the root stuff

bbucks36

Reaction score
lol.. you use apps that need root access...wifi tether , root explorer, bootstrap name a few... but most importantly is the bootstrap now you can do costom roms...most are in the market..

jwilly216

Reaction score
monkeyjjk said:
Okay so i tried my phone says its rooted. I have the new icon in my apps. But now where i go to change my phone program i mean where do i get the root stuff

Google droid bionic root or droid bionic roms, etc. read read read. You'll start to pick stuff up the more u read

jwilly216

Reaction score
monkeyjjk said:
How i get around not paying for those things??

None of this stuff costs money. It's just a bunch of open source code

OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
Someone tell me how to unroot this driod bionic its a 911 situation its rooted. I did a factory reset on phone and now i get no internet connect unless i turn my wifi on. I get one bar when i should be on a 4g

bbucks36

Reaction score
you can get a temp unroot .. but to fully unroot you need to FXZ back to .905.. id say do a sim pull.

OP
M

monkeyjjk

Reaction score
So what should i do. I cant tell Verizon i rooted my phone