Can someone point me to a metamorph guide?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gotta have that funk, Feb 7, 2010.

1. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i downloaded it, opened it, and have a theme ready to try. i dont like the fact that theres no 'instructions', for lack of a better word.

ok, great, i can install the one theme i have on my sd card. a monkey could do that.

why doesnt it show me how to uninstall a theme if i dont like it and want to go back to no theme?

how about using certain parts of one theme with another? possible?

i have no idea...because theres no ****ing instructions!

anyone getting ready to type search for it, eat me. if you dont wanna help then this thread isnt for you. i know theres more people out there than just me who wanna know how to use this the easiest way possible. so anyone who feels like being a decent human being over the internet, please...let a brother in.

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe check over at alldroid.org

I've never used metamorph but I've seen it mentioned a lot over there

3. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, metamorph is one of the least discussed things on this forum, so dont waste time searching.
    the only way you can 'uninstall' is by applying a new theme, because metamorph actually replaces the images in the actual apk's. i've been teaching myself pretty much, and if you learn to use it, its awesome

4. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes, alldroid would be better, but all the developers of it are big at xda-developers (but that site wont help with droid-stuff, just the program itself)

5. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks tk, appreciate the post. i saw a link to a metamorph theme that brought everything back to stock, i just need to DL that and apply it whenever i want to change to stock? i can handle that...what about using part of one theme with another theme? any idea?

and i posted here first instead of alldroid because that site is pretty much dead compared to this one.

this forum usually has around 500 people viewing so i'll let this run and see what i can learn before trying at alldroid, which is like the cold damp basement compared to this site, the cozy living room with the fireplace lit.

6. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ya, you dont get many responses at alldroid, but when you do, a lot of the people know what they're talking about.
    ya thats what you do. if you want to use parts of a theme, just open the theme zip file and delete the parts you dont want, and keep the parts you want, then apply it.

7. jamko101

jamko101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same as you man, I couldn't find very many places that had metamorph themes listed and easy to find. I did a lot searching and finally came upon this thread on xda:

[MetaMorph] Post your Morphs - xda-developers

Looks like it is still pretty active (go to the end of the thread). I haven't been able to read through it all. I'm also struggling to get metamorph themes working but don't have much time to sit and figure everything out. Just sticking with the pre-made ROMs for now.

8. Drukan

Drukan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    over at all droid somewhere they have posted the OEM theme. Its basically the stock Framework_res folder. All you would need to do is copy it over to your card in place of the one there and reapply that theme, essentially overwriting the one used for the theme.

9. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ya, i've been there, but a lot of them are for older firmwares, so some of the files need to be moved around to work with 2.0.1, but there are some nice themes