Can someone please help me root my new RAZR?

jl1967

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
Motocast should/will have no impact on the root process.

Yes. I was in the same situation but I guess you need to update your window driver for the ICS. After I update my window driver I was able to connect the phone on those 3 options. For rooting, I left it at as Mass Storage.

Last edited:
OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
Update which windows Driver? I have tried a few already. I am running Win 7 64bit.

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
COuld the problem be, because I had a Bionic and some drivers for that could be interfearing with the drivers for the Razr?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would remove all Motorola drivers and then install just the ones that are in the RAZR utility folder.

kalel

Reaction score
root for ics 4.0.4

I've tried everything listed and still can't get the program to recognize the phone, i've deleted drivers and reinstalled and everything, please I need some help, not familiar enough to do the manual root, all phone settings are what is stated as needed, all ducks are in a row, just once it says waiting for device that is the end, it's sat as long as 2 hours

this is on a razr running 4.0.4

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am not sure I just double checked it on my phone and it worked with no problem.

I unrooted with the 1.61 utility with my phone connected and on USB mass storage mode with USB debugging on and install from unknown sources checked.

I then connected my phone and changed it to MTP mode then launched the 1.71 utility, did option 3 and it did its thing rebooted and I was rooted.

So either USB option should work just fine and as long as you have the drivers installed you should be fine. When you choose your USB mode does your computer say "Your device is ready to use"? If not then you have the wrong drivers or don't have them installed correctly.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've tried everything listed and still can't get the program to recognize the phone, i've deleted drivers and reinstalled and everything, please I need some help, not familiar enough to do the manual root, all phone settings are what is stated as needed, all ducks are in a row, just once it says waiting for device that is the end, it's sat as long as 2 hours

this is on a razr running 4.0.4
I know this sounds to simple to have an impact, but are you using the USB/charging cable that came with your Razr. If not that could very well be your problem. Not all USB cables are made the same and one that worked on your old phone may not work on your Razr.

jrosser

Reaction score
I am having the same issues with my Razr Maxx since the ICS update.. not matter what i do i can not get the ADB driver to load no matter what i do.. i have tried numerous drivers.. uninstalled all of them.. tried the motorola device manager.. tried the phone in different USB modes.. Debugging is turned on.. using same computer when working with phone on gingerbread and had no issues then.. but no matter what i try.. device manager never show's ADB driver since the ICS update.. when i try the #3 for 4.04 root.. just sits at waiting for device.

usmc111111

Reaction score
jrosser said:
I am having the same issues with my Razr Maxx since the ICS update.. not matter what i do i can not get the ADB driver to load no matter what i do.. i have tried numerous drivers.. uninstalled all of them.. tried the motorola device manager.. tried the phone in different USB modes.. Debugging is turned on.. using same computer when working with phone on gingerbread and had no issues then.. but no matter what i try.. device manager never show's ADB driver since the ICS update.. when i try the #3 for 4.04 root.. just sits at waiting for device.

Same here,i read on another forum that Motorola updated drivers to prevent thus from working, does anyone know if there is any truth to this or if there is a fix for it if true?

rob1459

Reaction score
I wish I could root

I have tried all of the options as well, no luck here either. Is thee a work around or fix for this??