1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can someone please help me master reset my OG droid

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by blueyzfr6, Mar 22, 2011.

1. blueyzfr6

blueyzfr6 New Member

I have an OG droid running Android 2.2, Build Number Bugless Beast V0.2.1

I got the Thunderbolt. I copied everything from the 16 gig card to my pc; then I transferred the stuff I wanted to the 32gb. I then formatted the 16 gig. I tried to then reset the OG droid with no luck. I figured cause nothing is on the 16gig card. I copied all the stuff back to the 16 gig card and tried to do the "x power button" to get it going into recovery mode. It just stays in the Motorola logo. If I let go of "x power" it will turn on.

Can someone please help.

Thank you
  2. x02ssmarox

x02ssmarox New Member

Resetting the phone does nothing more than erase whatever data you had stored. It doesn't bring it back to Verizon's default. To do that, you need to either use ROM manager to dl a stock image w/o recovery, or just use a .sbf which is the best way (and not hard in any way).

Sent from my Camaro going 150mph
  3. ss13

ss13 New Member

Search these forums, there are a multitude of posts about how to do what you are doing. That's what I did.

Hint:
    RSD Lite and Moto USB drivers and a stock SBF.
  4. lockman

lockman New Member

5. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs New Member

If you are still unable, go to xda and look for super one click.
    it has the option/ability to unroot your phone and remove su and busybox.
    it was what i used a while back to root my phone and i knew nothing about phones or computers at that point and was able to gain root in under a minute once I had all the necessary things downloaded and set up on my computer.
Search tags for this page

og droid not hard reseting