1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

can someone please help me? i think i screwed up my droid trying to root!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xoluvsdance12, Jul 13, 2010.

1. xoluvsdance12

xoluvsdance12 New Member

today i attemped to root my motorola droid. i started out following these directions How to: Root Android 2.1 and Install Android 2.2 on Motorola DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

well after i downloaded sapphire like it told me to, it wouldn't install so i started to follow these directions How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid

the first set of directions told me to backup my phone and do a factory reset, but when i switched over to the second set of directions, i restored and got all of my settings back (since it didn't say to do a factory reset) i then proceded at the step where you download the link from mediafire. well that link would't download either so i reset my phone, deleted the update.zip file from my sd card and tried it again, only this time i named it only update. when i installed it, it installed succesfullly. i got to the step where you have to download android terminal emulator. i went to the app store to download it, but it would't download. it said it ws starting to download, but it stayed like that and nothing happened. i then tried to download a random app from the app store, and nothing happened either. everything else on my phone is working fine. did i screw up my phone since i did the first half of the instructions on one site and the second half from another site? how can i fix this and get the apps to download?
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Please don't double post we are responding to your first post.
  3. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

i recommend trying to do a backup,/restore to factory and do the first one again and follow it all the way until it is rooted dont try to do 2.2 on it tho