Can someone please explain the 30 day refund thing?

Alfador

Reaction score
This is a rediculously noob question so I'm posting it here.

Can anyone give any detail on the whole "30 days to return it" thing I keep hearing about? I assume this is something like a trial run, so if you don't like the phone you don't have to keep it. I would guess there is some kind of restocking fee too. If you exercise an upgrade to get a droid or incredible and then change your mind, if you return it, does that mean you still have your upgrade to use on something else? I'm really REALLY torn between the Droid and the Incredible, since the news on whatever the next one is going to be (shadow, droid 2, whatever) is so foggy I don't think it's worth waiting to see when it will drop. If this is something I might be able to use it would really put my mind at ease, as I could get one, and then if it doesn't work out I could just pay the restocking fee and not wind up with a phone I'm unhappy with for 18 months.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a rediculously noob question so I'm posting it here.

Can anyone give any detail on the whole "30 days to return it" thing I keep hearing about? I assume this is something like a trial run, so if you don't like the phone you don't have to keep it. I would guess there is some kind of restocking fee too. If you exercise an upgrade to get a droid or incredible and then change your mind, if you return it, does that mean you still have your upgrade to use on something else? I'm really REALLY torn between the Droid and the Incredible, since the news on whatever the next one is going to be (shadow, droid 2, whatever) is so foggy I don't think it's worth waiting to see when it will drop. If this is something I might be able to use it would really put my mind at ease, as I could get one, and then if it doesn't work out I could just pay the restocking fee and not wind up with a phone I'm unhappy with for 18 months.

Bsically you have 30 days from the time you get your phone to try it. If you're not happy with it and want to return it and cancel your contract that has to be done within 3 days. After that you can exchange the Droid for another phone. Price differences are taken into consideration, i.e. you get a Blackberry Storm and it's cheaper then the Droid you would get a credit. If the phone is more expensive you have to pay the difference.

There is a 35.00 restocking fee however many people are able to get a new phone without paying this. It depends on how good you are at crying and whining.;)

OP
Alfador

Alfador

Reaction score
Thanks, that sounds about like what I was thinking. The only question I have is, is this true for upgrades as well (I just became eligible yesterday) or just brand new contracts?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that sounds about like what I was thinking. The only question I have is, is this true for upgrades as well (I just became eligible yesterday) or just brand new contracts?

Upgrades too. Same deal. :)

harpua

Reaction score
I'm 1/2 tempted to go get the Bionic tomorrow just to see what it's like because originally it's what i was waiting to move onto from my o.g droid, and then in >30days go back and trade it up for the PRIME :D .... comments? suggestions?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I believe it's 14 days then you lose your upgrade. Great ... you have $200 to spend toward a $600 phone! ;) I'm pretty sure that's how it works, but for Costco though you have 90 days to exchange the phone and pay the difference.