Can someone pelase post a rom step by step

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
nope, thats where i got lost when i started reading about it.

It's very simple. You go to the market and download the "Bionic Bootstrap" app for $2.99 - The first time you run it, allow it root access and hit the first button. After that, to go to recovery just open the app and hit the second button.

With the latest version, you can put the ROM on either the sdcard or internal memory. Once it's there, simply follow the steps in the first post of the thread for the ROM.

INFORMATION: READ THIS!!!!

CAUTION!!!! MAKE SURE THE ROM IS ON SD CARD EXT BEFORE BOOTING INTO RECOVERY!!!!

NO MATTER WHAT ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM

THIS ROM WILL WIPE EVERYTHING, IF YOUR NEIGHBORS PHONE IS TOO CLOSE... IT WILL WIPE IT!!

INSTALL THE ROM AND WALK AWAY!!! LET THE ROM SETTLE!!! RUSHING THE KERNEL WILL ONLY CAUSE YOU ISSUES. AND THE BIGGEST WARNING... KEEP BOTH HANDS ON THE DEVICE AT ALL TIMES.

STEP BY STEP... FOLLOW THIS OR BE NUKED!!!

IN CLOCKWORK:
WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
UNDER MOUNTS AND STORAGE, FORMAT SYSTEM
UNDER ADVANCED, WIPE DALVIK

INSTALL AND HOLD TO THE PHONE WITH BOTH HANDS.
smile.png

donelam304

Reaction score
Do we have to ever hook it up to a computer??? I am used to rooting the OG Droid. Where you had to flash it with an sbf file first.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
stupid computer, spent the time to encode and it and a good two thirds of the video came out black.... gotta do it over... gonna use something OTHER than camtasia though.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well since I couldn't get my computer to turn it into 1 LONG video here are four separate vids.

liftedplane's Channel - YouTube

in order in a playlist

I subscribed to your videos. Thanks.

My daughter, the nurse, (that's how we refer to her now!!) is at Best Buy getting her new Bionic right this minute. She'll love your vids.

Thanks again.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
No problem glad to finally get them done.let me know if there are any other video tutorials you want

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

bobdole21

Reaction score
So how long should one wait, I'm thinking 30 min may be a little long.

bobdole21

Reaction score
I usually let my phone sit for ten or fifteen on a new install... or hours if I get caught up in a game >_>

Lasted 70 min, turns out something wasn't kosher, recovery flashed and will take another whack at it.

slayerdomain

Reaction score
I am also a noob at roms. Are there only 2 choices? Liberty and theory?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am also a noob at roms. Are there only 2 choices? Liberty and theory?

I saw another one a v1.0 of something in the ROM section. And i've heard something about cm7 nightlies. I think that was for the bionic at least

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

slayerdomain

Reaction score
I just put my first rom on my old DROID 1 for my daughter last night and I must say i will be flashing the rom on this bionic very soon. Any pointers or must do's before i flash are appreciated.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just put my first rom on my old DROID 1 for my daughter last night and I must say i will be flashing the rom on this bionic very soon. Any pointers or must do's before i flash are appreciated.

I would root with this: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2 - RootzWiki

And if it doesn't put Bionic Bootstrap on for you, download it from the Market. Open the app and hit the top button to install Clockwork Mod Recovery. Then download and install Rom Manager. Open it and at the very top it will tell if you successfully installed CWR. If the versions of CWR isn't 5.0.2.5, use Rom Manager to install the latest. Boot into CWR and scroll down to Backup/Restore and select it with the power button. The next screen will have backup and restore and advanced restore as options. Select Backup (again with the power button) and let the phone backup. When it finishes use the back button and go back to the first CWR screen and select Reboot System. Now, using Root Explorer navigate to the sdcard-ext/clockwork/backup/ and rename the newly created backup to something like 11-3-2011-VirginRooted.

You are now ready to decide on what you want to do. You can use Titanium Backup to freeze bloat (there are many threads about what's safe to freeze - Bionic APK list - RootzWiki ). You can look at all the roms that's available - DroidTh3ory's, Liberty, and there's a few others that I can't recall at the moment. All of them seem good and just follow the installation instructions to a "Tee" and you should have no problems.

If you do have problems, you can get every thing back with the same program you began with: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki as it will recovery a soft bricked phone.

Good luck and enjoy.

Oh and be sure to read every thread you can find about all this to assure that you understand each step.

slayerdomain

Reaction score
Thank you for the information, I am looking forward to flashing it this weekend when i have some more free time. I will give you a update after its been completed. As i will probably try a few roms to what one i like best. Btw i am already rooted because i needed to turn on my mobile hotspot. :)