Can someone ID the icon?

jbaeza83

Reaction score
I have this icon on my notification bar that i can't figure out what its to. Its the far left one. Looks like a bullseye with a signal meter on it.
Anyone know what its for and how can i turn it off??

edegehab.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I believe its showing your wifi is on. I don't have an S4 but I also don't see why your 4G is connected at the same time...thinking, give me a few years.. or it may be your GPS now that I looked again. I'm sure someone with an S4 can help ya better then me..

honors21

Reaction score
I have this icon on my notification bar that i can't figure out what its to. Its the far left one. Looks like a bullseye with a signal meter on it.
Anyone know what its for and how can i turn it off??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Under help icon there is a icon glossary

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's not in the icon glossary. It's also on whether you're using 4G or wifi.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The one on the far left is the E911 icon. You can't turn it off as far as I understand.

OP
J

jbaeza83

Reaction score
Yeah I have tried everything to disable it and no luck. I even tried Airplane mode and its still on there! haha its a little frustrating I guess. I just upgraded yesterday from a Razr Maxx and never had that on my Razr. Does anyone know if having that feature on affect the battery life?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
On my GN2, under location services in settings, disabling “Google location services" will turn it off. I bet it works the same in the G4. I always have mine enabled (just in case someone kidnaps me, they will be able to find me, jk). Any affect on my battery seems minimal (regularly get 12-24 hrs with minimal effort to conserving battery).

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

OP
J

jbaeza83

Reaction score
On my GN2, under location services in settings, disabling “Google location services" will turn it off. I bet it works the same in the G4. I always have mine enabled (just in case someone kidnaps me, they will be able to find me, jk). Any affect on my battery seems minimal (regularly get 12-24 hrs with minimal effort to conserving battery).

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

I tried that and by turning off ALL location services it only removed the curved signal bars but the bullseye is still there. Oh well, I will just have to learn to live with it.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
GPS E911 Only: E911 location is active (cannot be
turned off). See “E911” on page 168.

This is copied from page 35 of the user manual. You cannot turn off the E911 service. This is different from the "All Location" service. Sorry, but it doesn't look like you can get rid of the icon without root.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Over on XDA there's a hack/mod that allows you to remove it. You have to be rooted.

don_813

Reaction score
this is REALLY annoying me.....if we can't take it off, why does it need to be there all the time, that's like putting an icon letting us know when the screen is on