can someone help with this

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by droidism, Dec 17, 2009.

1. droidism

droidism Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just rooted my droid last night ... well I think I rooted my droid. I went through the instructions and when rebooted everything seemed to go good, no aborted message or brick but everything seems to be exactly the same. How will I know if the phone is in fact rooted.

The next question is how can I change the rom to hero or something else. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Please help with these...

2. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download drocap2 from market and see if it works or download terminal emulator android from market and open it and type SU then enter. If it says SU access granted you're golden.

3. Big Lou

Big Lou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There should be an app called Superuser Permissions on your app list.

4. Randomocity

Randomocity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, sigh. I'm going to be an asshole here, I apologize in advance, I'm just really sick of this thread being posted 80 times.

Seriously, if you have no idea how to access root in the first place, why bother even getting it? Because you can? I mean, congrats, you just voided your warranty by adding root, not that they'll actually know, but even still, what's the point? The average user that doesn't take the time to understand what rooting is and how it affects their phones really shouldn't have it in the first place. Custom ROMs are some serious business. You cant just "change" the rom to the Hero rom. There are a ton of problems when porting things over .The hero ROM will probably not ever be ported over, just at the fact that nothing on the current 2.1 Hero ROM is high res. The rom itself is broken and not even near completion. But if you searched both here and alldroid, the other site that's been working through the rooting process, and has been linked on this site hundreds of times, you'd know that. The likelihood that you'll probably brick your droid in the process is also highly likely, although at least now we have nandroid backups.

Read people, search the forums. Do your homework. Otherwise, don't waste our time with this, because you probably shouldn't have rooted your phone in the first place.