Can someone help me here?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Coots, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Coots

Coots Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Alright guys, I pulled the droid out of my pocket earlier and it appears that my Power button up at the top by the headset jack, is broken. It feels like the spring is not working properly because it's laying flat or even with the actual phone now. I have to press it seriously hard to get the phone to light up, or to turn itself off again. I tried taking a very small eye glass kit screw driver and pulling it back up, it pulls up, but just falls right back down after I pushed the button again, so I'm thinking there's a spring or something in there that pushes the power button back up?

If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions, or knows a way to take the phone apart to get to see that switch or spring to try and fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like something is broken under the button. I don't think there is a fix. Did you buy insurance/extended warranty?

3. Coots

Coots Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I've got insurance on the phone yes. I'll break it trying to get it fixed before I call to get a new one. Someone said they will try to send me a different phone besides the Droid. Is that true?

I found a video on YouTube showing how to take the phone apart to get to the button. I'm pretty sure if I do that I'll find what's wrong with it. Just curious if anyone knows or has tried to do this and succeeded at it.

4. insanedreamer

insanedreamer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Youtube videos have gotten me in a lot of trouble numerous times, lol, be careful

5. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Diggin' up threads, I'm diggin' up threads, old solved threads that have been left for dead . . . . Last post in this one is five months old . . . .