Can someone help me dignose what happened to my USB connection on my Razr?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Couple of days ago, I was able to plug my phone into my desktop PC, and have 3 separate dialog boxes appear...1 for Motorola Services, 1 for the Internal SD card and 1 for the External SD card. Now, all I get is the charging icon on the battery meter...no USB Mode of any sort, nor can I locate anything in Settings that may have been changed or disabled.

Any ideas? Heres the short list of my phone...Thanks in Advance

Droid RAZR
System Ver 96.75.16XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android Ver 4.1.2
Running Stock Rom with a few mods from the Droid M...Circles etc

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Have changed your USB cable? Have you tried alternate cables?

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Have changed your USB cable? Have you tried alternate cables?

Thanks. Actually did do that about 20 minutes or so ago. And as luck would have it, that was the issue! Seems the cable I thought was my original Motorola USB cable was in fact, the LG USB Cable for my Bluetooth earphones....while this cable will charge via USB, it does not have the required Data Connections internally...thus no kicking my phone into Mass Storage Mode, MTP or anything else.

Thanks for the info Lloyd...albeit I discovered the answer myself before seeing you had posted the correct info as well...:icon_ banana:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Brain farts, we all have them. Mine are more often than not. Glad you are a happy camper again.

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Brain farts, we all have them. Mine are more often than not. Glad you are a happy camper again.

No doubt...I am pretty sure I run on Methane from all the brain farts I have daily...hahaha