Can Someone Help a Brotha' Out?

borntolandhard24

Reaction score
I recently switched from Sprint to Verizon. I've gone from an EVO 3D to a DROID 4. So far I am loving the difference except for one thing. I'm really nostalgic about the HTC's layout for the Media sections of the phone. Pictures, Music, etc. I hate this Motocast stuff. I hate the layout, I hate the functions. I really just can't stand it. Does anyone have any suggestions on any apps or anything that flat out isn't Motocast? Or at least how to disable Motocast?

Please and thank you.

iamjoe

Reaction score
your best bet is to root your phone and then you can customize it they way you wish. You can remove all the bloatWare crapola.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
borntolandhard24 said:
I recently switched from Sprint to Verizon. I've gone from an EVO 3D to a DROID 4. So far I am loving the difference except for one thing. I'm really nostalgic about the HTC's layout for the Media sections of the phone. Pictures, Music, etc. I hate this Motocast stuff. I hate the layout, I hate the functions. I really just can't stand it. Does anyone have any suggestions on any apps or anything that flat out isn't Motocast? Or at least how to disable Motocast?

Please and thank you.

Welcome to DroidForums borntolandhard! There is much you can do to get your Droid 4 to do what you want. If you are on ics then you can disable the bloatware apps. On ics, to disable motocast or any other annoying bloatware apps go to apps in settings, then scroll to all apps along the top, open the app you want to disable and you either can disable it or uninstall updates until it lets you disable it.

For your media experiences, there are many apps that may have the look and feel of htc's. I am not familiar with how HTC managed media but someone here may have some ideas. Quick Pics is a popular one for your picture gallery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums