Can someone explain the NE2 and 1 year upgrade deal to me?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Im new to verizon with the droid. I see the new every 2 thing. But then i see people saying they are eligible for an upgrade after a year. Can someone explain to me how this works?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im new to verizon with the droid. I see the new every 2 thing. But then i see people saying they are eligible for an upgrade after a year. Can someone explain to me how this works?
Ok, your primary line, you get a New Every 2 (NE2) after 20 months with the current phone. Depending on your calling plan, you will get another additional discount on the purchase of the next phone. So you get the discounted 2 yr. pricing on a phone, plus the other discount on top of it. If you decide after a year that you want to upgrade, you will get the NE2 price, but you will not get the discount on top of it. This only applies to a single VZW line, or the primary line on a Family Share plan. You also reset your NE2 eligibility on the line. Hope this helps.

I've been gone from VZW for a while, so things might have changed.

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, your primary line, you get a New Every 2 (NE2) after 20 months with the current phone. Depending on your calling plan, you will get another additional discount on the purchase of the next phone. So you get the discounted 2 yr. pricing on a phone, plus the other discount on top of it. If you decide after a year that you want to upgrade, you will get the NE2 price, but you will not get the discount on top of it. This only applies to a single VZW line, or the primary line on a Family Share plan. You also reset your NE2 eligibility on the line. Hope this helps.

I've been gone from VZW for a while, so things might have changed.

Ah gotcha, so say the droid2 came out in nov. at 299. I could get it for 299, but if I waited until 20 mos I would get it for a greater discount. Not just the new 2 year contract price. Thanks.