Can someone explain the NE2 and 1 year upgrade deal to me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Erron, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Im new to verizon with the droid. I see the new every 2 thing. But then i see people saying they are eligible for an upgrade after a year. Can someone explain to me how this works?
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ok, your primary line, you get a New Every 2 (NE2) after 20 months with the current phone. Depending on your calling plan, you will get another additional discount on the purchase of the next phone. So you get the discounted 2 yr. pricing on a phone, plus the other discount on top of it. If you decide after a year that you want to upgrade, you will get the NE2 price, but you will not get the discount on top of it. This only applies to a single VZW line, or the primary line on a Family Share plan. You also reset your NE2 eligibility on the line. Hope this helps.

I've been gone from VZW for a while, so things might have changed.
  3. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Ah gotcha, so say the droid2 came out in nov. at 299. I could get it for 299, but if I waited until 20 mos I would get it for a greater discount. Not just the new 2 year contract price. Thanks.
  4. garrett

garrett Active Member Theme Developer Developer

all the rest is the same but you can get your NE2 discount after 18 months now