Can someone explain hacked WIFI Tethering?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wil318466, Feb 3, 2010.

1. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How's this work? Not as in how it works on the phone, meaning has anyone used it? How is it charged on the bill, or if they can even tell if you are using it? Someone know the technical aspects of how they can see you are using it?

Thanks.

-Wil

2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Even though this subject has been beaten to death and this is going to cause the same stupid arguments to come out and get people in a bunch (really it would be much better to search for something like this)....

1) It uses your unlimited data.

2) They can't tell you are using it unless you are downloading abnormal amounts of data or in some other way, yet to be discovered, that they figure it out.

3) There is a debate with no real side agreeing whether or not there is a 5GB cap on the "unlimited" data plan. Most likely if there is, they don't care, because no one here has ever come on and complained about getting in trouble for hitting the cap.

4) If they some how were able to figure out that you used tethering for your data plan (be it a little bird or using too much data for a phone, such as downloading torrents blah blah), they could legally charge you for every single megabyte that you used because tethering is not allowed.

PS - Where it says "phone" in your profile, it SPECIFICALLY says DO NOT PUT YOUR PHONE NUMBER IN THIS BLOCK. I suggest you follow that sage advice unless you want your private cell number broadcast to all of the internet.

3. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Great bro, thats the answer I was looking for, really. Its "well, it works, but be careful, because if you get caught you might have to cough up a lot of money".

I won't use it, really.. but someday in a pinch, its nice that it is available. I'm not going to be downloading anything massive or even surfing for fun, it'll be for something I NEED to look at really quick online, then turn it off.

Its nice.. its like having a triple A card on you. Never know.

Thanks man.

-Wil

4. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't worry about it. I just wouldn't download torrents or some such from it. If you're just doing regular surfing you're never going to hit any real or imagined 5GB limit anyhow.

Search tags for this page

android data plan hack

block tethering and hackers

can people hack into data plan
can someone hack your phone when tethering?
hack someone android
how to figure out if someone is tethering

how to hack data plan on android

how to tell if someone is hack my phone and tethering on it
my wifi tethering password has been hacked
wifi hackers