Can someone do a quick text color change in this theme?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by caliwagon, Sep 15, 2010.

1. caliwagon

caliwagon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using a Droid X theme ("xTheme") on my Droid 1 running Bugless Beast Froyo v.4 for couple weeks now. You can find the theme thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/55711-theme-xtheme-0-3-droid-x-bugless-beast-v0-4-a.html

If the links in the OP aren't working, you can try the poster's website or there seems to be a new download link at post #96

I'm posting here because I don't think the person who posted the theme is still providing development, but it needs two quick tweaks that are really bugging me (no pun intended).

I am running version 0.4 of the theme, which had some framework-res text changed to white (because of the dark gray buttons), but it still has some black-text-on-gray-buttons issues in the framework. It's still black for pull-down menu buttons and buttons that open up a box for selecting from a list, e.g. all the buttons that appear when setting up a new event in the stock Froyo calendar.

I'm just hoping that there are some amateur themers on here who would know exactly how to change this and could pull it off in a few minutes. I would really appreciate it!

2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    First off the "clear" button on the pulldown is controlled by the services.jar file, easy one. Next I need a pic of the other buttons your are talking about (like in calendar for creating a new event)

3. caliwagon

caliwagon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a screen shot... you can see the two types of buttons where the text should be changed from black to white...

Thanks!

[​IMG]

4. xkape

xkape Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    thebowers.. question for future reference... seeing that screnshot now, would the fix be done by editing the theme or by going into the themes app folder and finding the calendar and editing that apk file?

5. caliwagon

caliwagon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It has to be the theme, because it affects other apps with the same type of buttons, such as my taskos to-do list and even my screen shot app, among others.

6. raidzero

raidzero n00b.
    Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    the clear button text is not services.jar, at least not on frg22d. Its in statusbar_expanded.xml

7. caliwagon

caliwagon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So can anybody fix this for me/us? I'd really appreciate it. If you're a dev, I will donate too!