Can someone bring me up to speed...have not played with TB in several months

nateccnn

Reaction score
Right before Christmas my girlfriend decided she wanted a smart phone. The day we went to Vz to get her one the Galaxy Nexus came out. I picked up the Nexus and gave her my TB. It was rooted and I'm pretty sure it still is, but she has been using the Sense UI the whole time and doesn't even know what root is.

Last night I tried to figure out why she is using up a lot of data (4gb limit on plan and she's at 96% now). While screwing around with it I noticed there is a software update trying to install. I think that is the culprit as it fails the update and later tries to download it again.

To solve this I am thinking I will just install the latest leaked update with root. Or for that matter I could just install the update without root since she doesn't care about root. She does not tether...since I have unlimited tether on my Nexus. She really has no use for root. I would like to keep it rooted just for peice of mind...but not neccesary.

So I am poking around looking for the latest update in a rooted version and can't figure out what is the newest one...with radios and anything else I need. CaN SOMEONE BRING ME UP TO SPEED? hAS ANYTHING BEEN UPDATED BY vZ ON THIS PHONE SINCE mAY 2011?

Nate

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you checked actual dev sites like xda or RootzWiki? They will have the information you need.

sent from my bolt

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
figured it all out and forgot to check back here for responses. Installed the rooted stock rom. Data allowance was exceeded because she was trying to email a large video to her sister and it kept failing due to server restrictions. Kept retrying to send every 15 minutes...for like a week! Doh! That one cost us 10 bucks. LOL

Nate