Can someone attempt to help me?

sandfreak

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just tried to update from cyanogenmod 5.0.7 to 5.0.7.1 but i'm having trouble.

I dl from rom manager, when it went to reboot it looked like everything was installing fine but all the sudden the screen went black, so i was expecting the motorola symbol to show up any second...

well i waited and waited and got nothing so i pushed the power button and all this info is on my screen. (i.e. preparing to install, welcome to cyanogenmod, install from sdcard complete, installing gapps, install from sdcard complete, and some other info

but at the bottom of all this info it says "rebooting..."

but its not rebooting it's just sitting here...if i hit the power button the screen will go black again and if i hit the power button again all the info comes back on screen.

i thought about holding the power button down but thought i better post first to see if anybody knows what's going on.

any help?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try a battery pull and reapply the rom/gapps through recovery.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
people been having issues rebooting into recovery after flashing 5.07 from rom manager. Supposedly an update went out to fix it. If you are able to boot up, but have the issue when booting into recovery that is the problem. There are two fixes. 1) update rom manager from the market
2) flash rsdllite 2.1 sprecovery (what I had to do).

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
thanks for the help...i pulled the battery and when it booted up 5.0.7.1 was installed.

good thing cuz i don't know how to do that other stuff :)

appreciate the help

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help...i pulled the battery and when it booted up 5.0.7.1 was installed.

good thing cuz i don't know how to do that other stuff :)

appreciate the help

But can you check for us if you have a working recovery?

I'm sure you know how, but if not just power off the phone and hold the x button on the keyboard while pressing the power button.