1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can somebody tell me how to uninsall Googletalk

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Highflyin128, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

It keeps trying g to connect and fails. I renamed the talk.apk and that didn't do anything. if I run my task manager I see a service.GTalkservice but I can't end it or stop it.

Running froyo
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Delete talk.apk in system/app with root explorer.
  3. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

I tried that...It removed the app from the app drawer...but it still runs and fails
  4. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

When you go into the app, you can turn off, auto-login, then exit the app. It shouldn't bother you, unless you open it again.

When you say "your task manager", do you mean Andoids running application list, or do you have a task killer from the market. I have Advanced Task Killer and it shows Google Talk running, and will also kill it. But, if you do not uncheck auto-login, it will always re-sign-in.
  5. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

Because its trying to login in, when you hit the menu button you dont get the settings menu, you just a option to cancel login. Once you choose cancel login the app closes, And when you open it, it trys to login again..So I cannot get to the menu to stop the auto-login.

I renamed the talk.apk to talk.bak and moved it to a folder on my SD incase I needed later. And it still ran...

A few minutes ago I deleted it altogether and rebooted and after a few minutes it tries to login again. I did a search using root explorer and it doenst find any other instances of talk.apk nor was a ever able to find anything with gtalk in its name either.

When I open up Advance Task Manager and go to services I see service.GTalkService. When I press and hold and choose endtask it doesnt end it.
  6. Steeeler

Steeeler New Member

Exact same problem here. I cant delete the program and I cant get rid of the notice "Goodle Talk Authentication Failed" either. Weird!
  7. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

Its sucks cause ur notification goes off and u dont know if its a text or stupid google talk.

Im have tempted to reflash the base rom and delete the apk, then apply the theme update. cause i dont think i had this problem before the nextheme update.zip.
Search tags for this page
delete google talk from motorola android

disable google talk authentication

google talk authencation failed how to get eid of alert
how do i turn off google talk on droid x
how do u get rid off google talk on a samsung phone

how to get rid of google talk authentication

how to get rid of google talk authentication failed

how to get rid of google talk authentication on droid 3
how to get rid of google talk authentication on samsung mesm
how to get rid of google talk on an android
how to stop google talk authentication failed notices