Can somebody send me gtalkservice.apk?

jtpryan

Reaction score
I am having the download issue with my phone and looked around via Astro for gtalkservice.apk. Can't find it anywhere. While I don't think I deleted it, I do evidently need it for downloads. I looked for a download via Google and found one but it won't install. So, could somebody email it to me at jtpryan at gmail dot com?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am confused, I don't have a gtalkservices.apk and if I did it wouldn't have anything to do with downloads

gtalk is actually Talk.apk and downloadprovider.apk is the download management application

So what is it you are actually having problems with

OP
J

jtpryan

Reaction score
My Droid will no longer download apps. They just sit at "downloading" and nothing else. From what I read in other threads I need the 2 .apk's you mention as well as the one I'm looking for. I do have the 2 you spoke of though. Not true?

-Jim

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
What have you done recently to your phone that might have caused this, are you rooted, did you change ROM's, or did you get the Official 2.2 update?

OP
J

jtpryan

Reaction score
Nothing I can think of. I am not rooted, original ROM, I do have the 2.2 upgrade. This started after the upgrade, but not right away, I have done successful downloads after it. Is there a process that I can look for that should be running?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well to ease your mind a bit, there are a lot of problems with the Market and the upgrade...hopefully they get worked out soon

During a download that "gets stuck" does it help to cancel the download and then download again, I know this worked for me when I was having Market problems

Also there is a patch out that is supposed to fix Market problems and you do not have to be rooted to install it, it installs just like the 2.2 OTA did except you would have to manually perform the procedure

I will try to post the link for you

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/75018-official-frg22d-ota-patch-here-download-now.html

Last edited:
OP
J

jtpryan

Reaction score
OK, let me clarify a bit. There are 5 apps that are queued up under "currently downloading" with the bar in each one animated and the word "downloading..." under each. If I try and cancel the download on any of them I get a force close. I even tried uninstalling one of the apps but it made no difference. I cannot get them to stop.

Then, just to see what would happen, I tried going to the market and downloading another, new, app. It downloaded and installed. Now I'm totally confused.

Thanks for all the input.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, let me clarify a bit. There are 5 apps that are queued up under "currently downloading" with the bar in each one animated and the word "downloading..." under each. If I try and cancel the download on any of them I get a force close. I even tried uninstalling one of the apps but it made no difference. I cannot get them to stop.

Then, just to see what would happen, I tried going to the market and downloading another, new, app. It downloaded and installed. Now I'm totally confused.

Thanks for all the input.

Clear the cache in the applications settings/all for the Market and that should fix that for you.

OP
J

jtpryan

Reaction score
More info...

I tried doing a long press on each of the 5 apps and doing a "cancel download" from there and it worked, they cancelled.

Then I went to an app that was marked for update and successfully updated it. I'm beginning to think I have either no problem at all, or a completely different one.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I said, the Market is shaky for a lot of users right now...you are not alone

OP
J

jtpryan

Reaction score
All I have under Application settings is:
Unknown sources
Quick Launch
Manage Applications
Running services
Development

Nothing about cache.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Application Settings/ Manage Applications/ find the Market Application and press it and then you should see the clear cache option