can somebody please help !!

gweeto

Reaction score
whats up droid forums,

I would like to say Im a total noob when it comes to this I just got a motorola droid a week ago ...
I have a problem on my hands I downloaded cyanogenmod-6.1.2-droid
for my motorola droid last night and I thought I had a backup (how do I find out if I have a backup).So after installing cyanogenmod-6.1.2-droid the phone boots up and droid market was gone so I tried to go into rom manager and "flash clockworkmod recovery" and I get this as a error "error while downloading from server. please make sure that you have a stable internet connection,and that you sd card is inserted and has free space" I have wifi and 3g connection, sd card is inserted and 14.gb of free space. how do I restore my phone back to stock ?????

qkpony

Reaction score
Can you boot into recovery mode by holding the x key and powering on the phone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
yes I can boot.. into recovery mode but I have tried it i cannoet ct get cyanogenmod-6.1.2-droid off of my phone

sir2545

Reaction score
You need to find a stock ROM and place it on the sdcard, then boot into recovery and wipe data/cache>install zip from sdcard>navigate to the folder where the ROM is and install.

On a side note, if you didnt know this....you have to download google apps seperately with CyanogenMod roms. That would be why your market was missing

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
I seen the seperate download called gapps for my version of CyanogenModand I downloaded it but my problem is it won't install and i can't sign into my google account it says cannot connect to server ... where can I find a stock rom and how do i install it somebody plz point me in the right direction b4 i smash this thing

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
actually when I first messed with my phone i used rsd lite to flash ...

sir2545

Reaction score
If you downloaded gapps, you need to boot into recovery and install that way. Is that what you tried and it still wont install? What recovery image are you using?

A list of stock rooted ROMS can be found here, FRG83G is the latest, choose either odexed or deodexed (deodexed if you plan on themeing)
Peter Alfonso

sir2545

Reaction score
You need to download and install ROM Manager Premium, it's a paid app, but perfect for newbies, you can download it, flash a recovery image and then everything is a breeze from there.

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
my problem with rom manager is I will not connect to server ... and I dont have the market so when i google rom manager and try to d/l it .. it tells me to open the market on my phone because it wasn't opened recently .

i dont know what u mean by recover ??? i use the recovery mode by pressing power and x

I cannot sync with my google account at all it will not connect !

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
at this point i just want the phone back to stock and never touch it again !!
can I delete the back up in my phone ??