1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can somebody please help me with Ford Sync?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mitchb2, Jul 9, 2010.

1. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

I got my new 2011 Ford Fiesta today and I was bummed that I couldn't get it to play music from my Droid.

The phone is paired and the car has my phonebook downloaded.

The manual says to plug in the device, press the AUX button unti Sync USB appears. It never appears. It goes to Bluetooth Audio but that's it.
    There's no indexing going on.

Any clues?

Oh, and Sync wouldn't take any commands related to directions or navigation.
    The dealer got my SyncMyRide account all set up at the dealership.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. jrigel

jrigel New Member

Sync Simplified

I have a 2010 Focus and know that Sync can be frusterating. Once you get the hang of it I think you will enjoy it.

First, once you push the AUX/Multimedia button and the voice gives you the prompt, say "USB". This should take it to the USB setting. Sync should then read your songs and begin playing automatically. Something you may consider which is easier and does not involve a cable stringing throughout your car is just using a Thumb Drive to play music with. All you have to do is put music files on the thumg drive, plug it in, tell the car USB, and the music will play. It is much less clutered and I think it is simplier.

As for the directions- you push the Multimedia button, and upon the promp respond withh "Services". This should prompt the voice to tell you your options, but most of them will connect through your phone, so you cannot be talking while you do this. Once Sync has connect via your phone and downloaded the desired information it will disconnect from your phone and inform you that you can make calls again.

Try this link- https://secure.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/UserManagement/Login.aspx

It should take you to the Sync website where you can log. In the site are tutorials on all of the services that Sync has to offer.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if it does not.
Search tags for this page

can i play music from my android phone on my ford fiesta 201

directions from phone to 2011 ford focus sync via car speake
ford fiesta how to make sync play music

how do i play music with auxiliary cord in ford fiesta 2013

how to connect android phone to ford fiesta

how to connect music in phone to ford fiesta

how to get music to play through usb in a 2008 ford focus se

how to play music in the new ford focus through phone connec

how to use android phone in ford fiesta to play music
how to use sync aux on ford focus 2008

music from phone to ford focus